News from Austria!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MrDrabke

Re: News from Austria!

Post by MrDrabke »

The engine is not leagl....but i will make it in spring....hopefully.
only 30% more power than the original would be tuning, more would be a really big problem here in austria.
My car is not dayly driven, so it would be not that problem.
We pay taxes for HP = more HP is more tax..... so about 300HP cost very much each month. Don`t know how it is in england or other countries.

Hope to get the pictures online on monday when i`m back in work. The only thing which is nice to go to work on monday.

For my 3sgZe project, i hope i can find some people who know about this. Like Woodsport or someone else.

I don`t want an 3sgTe, because everybody wants a turbo. My frind got a MK1 3sgte gen4 with over 300HP, that was awesome!!!!!
Now he is starting a MK2 with 3.5L V6 from the Lexus RX300 with supercharger.......also great projekt.
Other sings we`v done.

-Corolla E10 with original 4agze gen4
-MR2 MK2 with beams
-Celica T20 with beams
-Celica T20 GT with 2,2L engine and BIG turbo
-Celica T18 4x4 with 3sgte gen4
and some other, smaller things.......everything in a private garage

(antoher post which brings me closer to post pictures, YES!!!)
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

Visit the off topic section at the bottom mr, lots of topics to help boost you post count to the magic number!
Alex
platmatt8 wrote:Lauren has got bigger balls than most men on this site

charged wrote:Mine's probably screaming 'stop raping me' :D
stenky

Post by stenky »

MrDrabke wrote:For my 3sgZe project, i hope i can find some people who know about this. Like Woodsport or someone else.

I don`t want an 3sgTe, because everybody wants a turbo. My frind got a MK1 3sgte gen4 with over 300HP, that was awesome!!!!!
Now he is starting a MK2 with 3.5L V6 from the Lexus RX300 with supercharger.......also great projekt.
Other sings we`v done.

-Corolla E10 with original 4agze gen4
-MR2 MK2 with beams
-Celica T20 with beams
-Celica T20 GT with 2,2L engine and BIG turbo
-Celica T18 4x4 with 3sgte gen4
and some other, smaller things.......everything in a private garage

that's a really nice list of mods you have done mate. i was always thinking about things like those.

at first, i wanted to put BEAMS into my T18 celica, then decided i wanted to supercharge the original 2nd gen 3SGE engine. none of those really happened because i have bought AW11 and i want to supercharge that instead (the only way of having more powerful engine in AW11 here, except for rewelding SW20 VIN and pretending AW11 is in fact SW20 and vice versa). i was also thinking of getting RA2X Celica and putting BEAMS blacktop in there but I cannot do that until I am finished with my AW11 (due to both, money and garage space issues).

also i absolutely understand how you feel about suoerchargers. it's the same here :D that's why i wanted to GZE my celica and want to GZE my aw11 now :D turbo is sooo mainstream today :thumleft:
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

So the restrictions in Slovakia don't prevent you from supercharging the original engine then Stenky :?:

Peter
MrDrabke

Post by MrDrabke »

many MK2 turbos in germany.
much VW with turbo here in austria.
MK1 are very, very rare in austria. mine is the only known white here.
MR2´s dont run much in austria. but thats fine, because the people don`t know the MK1, thats funny when i drive around.
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

MrDrabke wrote:many MK2 turbos in germany.
MR2´s dont run much in austria. but thats fine, because the people don`t know the MK1, thats funny when i drive around.

I like to run unusual cars Frederic

Even here my Mk1 attracts attention as it is getting more & more unusual

Mine is the only one in Stafford now AFAIK

Do you have a Photobucket account or something similar for pictures :?:

Peter
MrDrabke

Post by MrDrabke »

no, don´t have anything like that
but i think i will make one for my MK1

where can i see how much posts i already have before posting pics?? (not pigs LOL) --> sorry, i´ve seen....
stenky

Post by stenky »

elbon50 wrote:So the restrictions in Slovakia don't prevent you from supercharging the original engine then Stenky :?:

Peter
you may do whatever you desire to your original engine as long as the letters&numbers (ie. 4AGE) stamped into the engine block are the same as those in your documents (also corresponding with VIN). so yes. you may not swap (that easily) but you can mod your original engine. even if i managed to get the other engine into my documents somehow, it wouldn't match VIN and there is a fair chance of being charged several years for falsifying legal documents...

engine type correspondence is controlled mostly at our MOT equivalent (not very often by regular police patrol unless you are suspected) but one doesn't want to risk having licence plates&documents arrested after they find out :) (considering swap is not that cheap mod :) )
there's also a problem with insurance then.

there is a slim chance of owning a swapped car here. it can be done but it's balancing on the edge of laws :)
also if you would be involved in an accident and insurance comp. finds out you have .

not everything of that makes sense. i don't understand why we cannot swap engines if we insure the cars accordingly, but that's why we call our country a "banana republic" or "bananistan". some things just don't make sense :D
MrDrabke

Post by MrDrabke »

I´m trying to legalise my engine WITH 3sge, 2000ccm, and 150HP tipped in the license....I´ts possible, the only thing i need is a dynorun with only under 150HP and thats no problem. thanks mr.dynorun ;-))
so i hope it works.
stenky

Post by stenky »

MrDrabke wrote:many MK2 turbos in germany.
I have never seen any other MK1 in person, but after i've bought mine, we went for a small trip to Austria (Parndorf near Wien) with my girlfriend. then we spotted a red MK1 in a roundabout. it felt like seeing an unicorn, really.

my estimation is less than 10 MK1 in Slovakia (being generous here), maybe 20-25 in Czech republic (that's where i got mine from). but I have always thought they are more common in Austria (because i met my first one, and probably also the last one as well, there :D ).
MrDrabke

Post by MrDrabke »

in austria are some MK1, but only tree which meet every month.
Once a year in September we have the TCD -- Toyota Cruising Day.
This is an private meet, with no paying, only meet, fun, and cruising around. It´s in steiermark, near Graz, so not far away from vienna. About 1,5 hours. If you want, you are very welcome.
Last year were about 80 cars: supras, celicas, sourer, mk1, mk2, mk3 Mr´s, and much more. Very nice and funny.
It´s organisated by a friend of mine, also some race cars were there.

Look at facebook TCD 2011 or 2010, there you can find some pics.
stenky

Post by stenky »

I would gladly attend after I am done with my car ;)

I love toyota meetings of any kind. We have annual Toyota Team Slovakia meetings every summer and also Celica Club Czech Republic makes some private meets i have attended. So I enjoy myself driving my toyotas to meetings :thumleft:

Unfortunately, it looks like this at the moment and i hope it will be done until the end of summer :pray:

Last edited by stenky on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

You have 10 posts now Frederic :thumleft:

Nearly there :)

You need to upload pics to Photobucket or similar type of external account & then link them to your posts on here

Seems a clumsy system but is easy when you get used to it

Just seen your pic Stenky :shock:

Why is your car all stripped out like that :?:

Peter
MrDrabke

Post by MrDrabke »

Hey stenky!
Only driverseat and a steeringwheel and GO!!!
ohter thinks are not usefull. low weight = good acceleration :thumleft:
stenky

Post by stenky »

:D

I am disassembling my car now, in hope for a proper chassis restoration
My celica sits in my grandma's front-garden with slipped timing belt, gathering rust. I feel somehow wrong about owning two cars and using public transport because i cannot drive them :twisted:
Last edited by stenky on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrDrabke

Post by MrDrabke »

Look to youtube and search for 3SGE rev.3 AW11 first start up
thats the first startup from my new engine!!
FreakMR2

Post by FreakMR2 »

Hallo Frederic - willkommen hier im IMOC und grüße rüber ans andere Ende von Österreich :mrgreen:

Hy stenky - we are almost neighbours, i am less than 5 minutes away from the outlet center in parndorf :wink:
we have got around 20 MR2 W2 aroung here and approx. 4-5 W1
stenky

Post by stenky »

FreakMR2 wrote:Hallo Frederic - willkommen hier im IMOC und grüße rüber ans andere Ende von Österreich :mrgreen:

Hy stenky - we are almost neighbours, i am less than 5 minutes away from the outlet center in parndorf :wink:
we have got around 20 MR2 W2 aroung here and approx. 4-5 W1
That's really good news :) I reside in Bratislava, so after i am finished with my car, we could meet :)
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

MrDrabke wrote:Look to youtube and search for 3SGE rev.3 AW11 first start up
thats the first startup from my new engine!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTtQ6pL4bbg

:thumleft:
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

You have 15 posts Frederic :thumleft:

Lots of pictures now please :)

Peter

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”