Electric Blower?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SuperRedMR2

Electric Blower?

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MK1-MR ... 585wt_1185

Would this actually make a difference?
pk_090

Re: Electric Blower?

Post by pk_090 »

no.
platmatt8 wrote:Lauren has got bigger balls than most men on this site

charged wrote:Mine's probably screaming 'stop raping me' :D
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

^^^ :thumleft:
MartG

Post by MartG »

Depending on the exact type of blower fitted , yes it could make a difference - power at anything over tickover will probably be reduced as the blower acts as a restriction in the inlet
greglebon

Post by greglebon »

Hey Mart...thats a little hasty, isn't it..!? :D

He's not specific as to WHICH electric blower he has fitted....?

It MAY be a Thomas Knight jobbie...!? :wink:

:lol:
MartG

Post by MartG »

Not hasty at all - to do any good the blower would need to have at least a 10HP ( 7.5 KW ) motor ( the charger on an MR2 SC uses over 30HP by comparison ).

At 12V 7.5kW equates to 625A and a very heavy motor !
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Saw one of the elctric blowers, a memberhere got one free with a car. Basically it was a fan out of a computer and woul dhave made no difference, if anything it would have impeded the air flow.

I would be wary of these things, most are not designed very well and just as likely to disintergrate and send bits of plastic or other items into your engine.

All that said, it can be done, did it with a friend's Pug 205 when we fitted a hoover assembally to it to force air into the engine. It worked fine, was like a little turbo charger, but then the whole thing melted due to constant use and ehat from the engine. Was a giggle though.
I am going to live forever, or die trying!
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Tiamat wrote:Saw one of the elctric blowers, a memberhere got one free with a car. Basically it was a fan out of a computer and woul dhave made no difference, if anything it would have impeded the air flow.

I would be wary of these things, most are not designed very well and just as likely to disintergrate and send bits of plastic or other items into your engine.

All that said, it can be done, did it with a friend's Pug 205 when we fitted a hoover assembally to it to force air into the engine. It worked fine, was like a little turbo charger, but then the whole thing melted due to constant use and ehat from the engine. Was a giggle though.

Can imagine a henry hoover sticking out a bonnet :lol:
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:
Tiamat wrote:Saw one of the elctric blowers, a memberhere got one free with a car. Basically it was a fan out of a computer and woul dhave made no difference, if anything it would have impeded the air flow.

With his little bowler hat on

Aww cute :)

Peter
IanParkhouse

Post by IanParkhouse »

Like a poor man's R2D2

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”