Seat belt bolt

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

IanParkhouse

Seat belt bolt

Post by IanParkhouse »

Has anybody got a spare bolt for the seat belt shoulder attachment?

Can't face a phone call to my local Toyota dealership, They'll just tell me my car doesn't exist again!
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Re: Seat belt bolt

Post by Jaspa »

PM me your address and I'll get one in the post tomorrow/weds if you can wait that long. :thumleft:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

I think you will find that that is an M17 bolt :( Probably best phoning Toyota, do you need another VIN, if they say yours doesn't exist?
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:I think you will find that that is an M17 bolt :( Probably best phoning Toyota, do you need another VIN, if they say yours doesn't exist?

I've never measured them but I was under the impression that they are one of a couple of places on the car that use an imperial thread of some description
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

I only know this because I mullered a few threads on my thread and but the bolt went back in again with force but it'll never go back in again if I have to remove it!

M17 tap is £33.00 at the time (1 year ago) I didn't want to spend that so brute force was needed.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”