Red TRD kitted in SW London

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

agentturbo

Re: Red TRD kitted in SW London

Post by agentturbo »

Hi guys wow! this is an old thread..
in response to the advert i had to laugh at drivers air-bag fitted (where?)
hmmm £2795 is it worth it. i like the way he say's thousands spent' as nearly all mention in the advert is standard with uk car mr2 . so could only be a few extra's and cost of kit?

also for jack-p .. have a look at this link..should tell you all you need to know...
let me know what you think.

http://streetoptions.co.uk/ToyotaMR2TRD2000GT.aspx
planted2

Post by planted2 »

What wheel size and offset did you use to get that real nice flush look?
thanks
agentturbo

Post by agentturbo »

planted2 wrote:What wheel size and offset did you use to get that real nice flush look?
thanks

hi mate sorry i cant remember now it was so long ago
but it was identical off sets to what a TRD should be .

something like 14 to 15 fronts to 22 to 24 backs but don't quote me on that.

Rims are split rims Raguna's ubber rare 17in with 9 j 255 on rears and 8j 235 fronts

here is a link to my second set ..not fitted these baby's yet
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... ght=topgun
agentturbo

Post by agentturbo »

jack-p wrote:that red one doesnt look like a genuine kit to me, the recess for the foglights isn't deep enough and the sidestrips arent there either. i could be wrong but it just doesnt look like a genuine one in my opinion.

your car on the other hand agentturbo, as im sure i have said before is stunning! the actual sidestrips on your car is something i'm very jealous of and i can imagine the work involved to fit them! do they unbolt and hide mounting points for the kit?
I'd love to see more pics of your car too if you have them?

hi bud if you look at original trd's and i have seen 3 in flesh now ..
they only have a groove cut for side strips.. not sure what you mean about the front fog bit though.. most genuine kits look like to me that they were and tere better over time less signs of cracking and the fit is A one.. i was not stating the car was a genuine trd , only that the kit may be..toyota trd did sell the kits to the USA for a short period of time not sure how many and if some were use for skins for copies as there loads of copies now for sale in the usa.. but they did have genuine ones for sure..
this one could just be a good copies from the early skin moulds..or a genuine one.
the guy told me who had it first that he got ferrari uk to source him the kit.
just sounded creditable at the time , being it was around the time when they were selling genuine kits..
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

sorry, the foglight holes didnt look recessed at first glance because the lights sit so far forward, my mistake.
i'm aware the genuine kits sidestrips are only immitation but if this was a genuine kit i cant see why the groove would be smoothed over and it doesnt appear to have the groove judging by these pictures. another thing is the gap between the front bumper and the bonnet, it seems slightly larger than other genuine cars. Another thing i noticed was that the endcaps on the spoiler don't seem to be held on with the pastic clips that you see on a genuine kit.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying this is definately not a genuine kit because it's entirely possible and either way it looks like a very good fit and is a bargain at that price. My opinion still stands until proven wrong however :eye:
craig

Post by craig »

agentturbo wrote:Hi guys wow! this is an old thread..
in response to the advert i had to laugh at drivers air-bag fitted (where?)
hmmm £2795 is it worth it. i like the way he say's thousands spent' as nearly all mention in the advert is standard with uk car mr2 . so could only be a few extra's and cost of kit?

also for jack-p .. have a look at this link..should tell you all you need to know...
let me know what you think.

http://streetoptions.co.uk/ToyotaMR2TRD2000GT.aspx

Fantastic car mate, drooling at them pics! =P~ :thumleft:
agentturbo

Post by agentturbo »

Hi Jack saw the car today in the flesh...made out i was a prospective buyer

well it would not start lots of churning but not firing ..so that pi$$ed me off ..maybe it was a flat battery.
wheels really badly scuffed , tyres bald.
no tax , no mot.. horn not working, wires everywhere and not knowing what they were for..drivers seat bolster rip to shreds.lights in cockpit not workings ( could be do do with battery).

car looked in bad shape so many scuffs and scratches.
he said it had a super chip in the engine and was too fast for him..
well i said when he get's it running i may take a second look
and he reckons he has had offers from Manchester for 5k for the car..
i switch off at this point and looked at the seat belt tags they said it it was a 1990 car.. he say's its a jap import " im confused ? 1996 car..still confused..
well maybe your right about the kit ...
topgun told me to check the petrol cap hinge if it's a one piece kind of cupboard hinge this may be genuine. only thing is i still wont know ..

don't think it worth spending all the money on it to bring it back to full glory.. sad day for trd.
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

thats a shame, i agree it would work out expensive once everythings sorted and with a trd shell and that trd v6 project on mr2oc being up for sale its a bad time to be selling a trd and a good time to buy!
its good that you've had a proper look because anybody interested will at least have fair warning :thumleft:

Return to “Spotted”