[Mk2] [Turbo] Autoleads adaptor mystery wire. '91 premium system.

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Al-sw20

[Mk2] [Turbo] Autoleads adaptor mystery wire. '91 premium system.

Post by Al-sw20 »

I got an autoleads adaptor off ebay.co.uk for my car. I'm pretty inept when it comes to car audio. Got the Sony to ISO lead, then the autoleads ISO to mr2 14pin + RCA's.

Its the correct 14pin job but there is a couple of extra wires I don't really have a home for.

The blue with white is the 'amp remote', the blue with black is 'tele mute' and the brown I have no idea what it is.

I have plugged it in, minus the three spare wires, and it doesn't work, doesn't even power on.

sibster

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Autoleads adaptor mystery wire. '91 premium system.

Post by sibster »

join the connectors to gether, where a red wire goes in to the socket does it come out on the same pin on the other. etc etc. i'd start there ive seen some dodgy connectors before.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Autoleads adaptor mystery wire. '91 premium system.

Post by toxo »

Brown's the tele mute. The solid blue wire is remote turn on (for amps etc) and blue with a white stripe is power antenna. You will want to connect them to the appropriate wires on the Sony loom (at least the blue ones). Sony HU doesn't have a separate aerial wire, so connect the blue and blue/white wires on the autoleads loom together, and then connect them to the blue wire on the Sony loom. Strictly speaking you shouldn't need to connect them as the amps provide power to the HU anyway (the Toyota system is the reverse of how an aftermarket amp installation would work) but you may find your aerial doesn't go up if you don't.

If it's not turning on you're not getting power to either the red or yellow wires on the ISO adaptor - one is battery voltage (red I think) and the other is ignition voltage to tell the head unit to turn on. On the active stereo system this power is supplied from the amplifers in the rear 1/4 of the car, so make sure the fuse for those isn't blown.

Also on the Sony harness the yellow and red wires have bullet connectors in them. You need to make sure they are wired up properly, i.e. yellow bullet is connected to yellow socket, and so on. Which is what the guy above me was saying lol

Edit: Cleared up what I wrote after studying the photos again. Also HU has a 10A fuse on the back where the Sony loom connects, check that is OK.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!

Return to “ICE and Security”