D, F & G reg Mk 1s free spares or repair, Winchester Hampshire

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jon42

Re: D, F & G reg Mk 1s free spares or repair, Winchester Hampshire

Post by Jon42 »

vashy wrote:might have to come up for a raid at some point :) mini imoc meet/mk1 strippage anyone? :mrgreen:

Go for it ! :)
Jon42

Post by Jon42 »

kaiowas wrote:
vashy wrote:might have to come up for a raid at some point :) mini imoc meet/mk1 strippage anyone? :mrgreen:

Might join in on that if there's a decent gearbox going spare. Anyone heard back from the thread starter at all?

Sorry, yes, my mistake. The first couple of replies were PMs so I just looked at my mailbox after that. The gearbox is still on, and if you can take it off then you're welcome. :)
Jon42

Post by Jon42 »

I'm probably going to have these taken away next weekend, but if anyone's still interested in any bits then let me know now! :)
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Cheers for getting back to us. Luckily I don't need a gearbox now, at the time I knew I'd broken something in the transmission but didn't know what and was planning for the worst, turns out it's just the flywheel that broke.
Jon42

Post by Jon42 »

No problem: the flywheel is still be in there, and the gearbox too if you want to grab it while the grabbing's good!
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

Jon42 wrote:
j0nathan wrote:
Jon42 wrote:I have 3 Mk1s as above on the drive, that need to go. Before they go to the scrap yard, does anyone want any bits? Free to good homes, but you may have to come and take them off yourselves! :)

Got a black D reg sitting on the drive?

Sorry no, but it's dark blue if that helps...

Ok, I'm specifically after the colour coded rubbing strips from a black one. They were specific to that colour. Ta anyway.
makoto

Post by makoto »

Hi Jon42,

Do you have anything left? I am after a complete car as doner for my kitcar project?

Jon42 wrote:I have 3 Mk1s as above on the drive, that need to go. Before they go to the scrap yard, does anyone want any bits? Free to good homes, but you may have to come and take them off yourselves! :)
Polypedates

Post by Polypedates »

Hi Jon, thanks for the bits the other day. Sod's law has decreed I need a new headlight adjuster bolt and of course I didn't get any spares when I was down there getting the other bits ](*,)

Any chance you can nab a couple before the cars go? I'd come and do it myself and maybe grab a rear hub at the same time but not sure when I can make it over again.

Ta
Jon42

Post by Jon42 »

Hi,

As it happens I haven't arranged anything as a couple of people are after complete (or near-complete) cars, so they're all still here and realistically will be for the week. If you want to get any more bits then no problem.

If you take a hub, am I going to have trouble getting that one taken away - in other words, will it be dragging on the ground? :-)

Thanks,

Jon
07525 815580

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”