MR2 MK2 Anniversary restore, refresh &tasteful modification - project begins

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: MR2 MK2 Anniversary restore, refresh &tasteful modification - project begins

Post by craig »

great development pics dude. Wheels should look sweet on the car. Looking forward to more pics :thumleft:
ashley

Re: MR2 MK2 Anniversary restore, refresh &tasteful modification - project begins

Post by ashley »

Looking sweet :thumleft:
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Well here is one from outside the paint shop. Mine was the first one through the new booth and it is fantastic!!! I have taken a few more tonight but having issues uploading them. Now bear in mind the car has not had a proper silicone based polish or wax - I think it might look super good when polished. 8)

So the making water tight continues with many new parts I have accumulated getting added. I honestly had forgotten some parts I have bought...

My new leather interior should be finished Friday, have gone for all black leather with grey double stitch on the seams and new black leather door cards. Will share some pics :) The interior will be getting a few trick touches but not going to far from OEM theme. New chrome anniversay sills, leather trimmed cubby and a few more neat touches

While on the interior I had a chat with Craig from the LED Depot and he is sorting out my heater controls and clock to blue LEDS. While chatting with him we are also changing by dash bulbs to blue, cig ligther and ignition surround. will share some pics once I get them back

Any way, next time I will share more pics :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Coming along nicely! 8)
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Cheers mate, making some progress

Small update:

Genuine Rev 5 spoiler is in for paint with an inspection panel I chipped the corner #-o so in a few weeks will get these back as in no rush.

Here are a few pictures so far, all painted panels are back, rear hoop had a new seal from toyota fitted and door handle black trims lightly wet flatted and painted in plastic paint then sealed then the handles rebuilt up. Locks cleaned up with some autosol :)

Side vents slightly modified, for me I like this look as still looks OEM :). Turbo engine lid added. Alas the anniversary badge wont be transferred off the old lid as this is now bubble wrapped up safe with the other parts but to keep the theme I am in the process of having one made to go on the turbo lid as one off of my original

Replacement rear quarter windows as my originals had some scratches are now fitted.

Hope you like the progress :thumleft:

GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Well I picked my seats up from the trimmers a week or so ago.

Went for single stitch in the end in light grey, I personally think they look fantastic. The leather is a super quality and these pictures do not do them justice. They are literally like sitting in a brand new seat, tight and firm and perfectly fitted all over.

Steve at The Car Trimmers really is a top bloke, his work is awesome and he was highly recommended to me and I am very very pleased with the work.

Thats it now now :thumleft:

mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

looks like your doing a superb job mate :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Nice seats dude :thumleft:
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Looking very nice keep up the good work
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

thanks for the comments guys :thumleft:

Small update,

As the car is a UK Anniversary I wanted to keep the theme. I have fitted a turbo lid at point of respray and bubble wrapped the original away safe with the badge intact. So I know guy who has redrawn it for me from the original and produced it in a sticker. The detail is the same but a little larger and even includes my cars unique no. 35. I have also has these to made up to go in the centre caps of the Rota D1's.... It's all in the detail ;)

New chrome dial rings to the clocks as I feel they give a fresh look. Just need to refit the dash now

:thumleft:

dawesy

Post by dawesy »

awesome work there mate, looking really good.
how much was the seal for the rear hoop if you dont mind me asking? going to need one when i respray mine early next year.
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Cheers mate,

The seal was I think around £17. sure I have the box still if you need the part number can have a look.

Here is the part no. for info - 75959‑17040‑C0
Philippe Gomés-10-

Post by Philippe Gomés-10- »

hello
nice car, a MR2 MK2 anniversary 8) it will be new !
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

superb car - effort is astounding

cant wait to see it finished
craig

Post by craig »

Nice subtle updates, it's what makes all the difference :D
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciate them :thumleft:

Well what's new, a few updates as the re-building process moves along so here is the first.

I have been in touch with Craig from the LED-DEPOT. Firstly Craig is a top bloke and I can not recommend him highly enough.

I spoke to him originally about my dash bulbs and after a brief chat he sprinkled his magic on few items :)

1. He converted the heater to led electric blue, the buttons are blue but turn white when in use.
2. He has changed the clock to blue to match and blue LED bulbs of the dash bringing the blue theme to a finish.
3. Craig also sorted me some led sidelights to go in my new crystal clear sidelights.

Craig is sorting me a few more bits so watch this space, not sure if I can post his details should anyone want them so maybe a mod can advise?

It needs a wash but that can wait a bit as much more to do :)
Last edited by GT-Thunder on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Last one for now, The original kick sills had some scratches from wear over the years so I ordered some new Anniversary kick sills from MR T. They still have the protective film on them until I am finished and ready to show the car/start to enjoy it.

I have also made some carbon inlays of the door step to protect the paint from any potential catching of the inner step as I get in and out.. maybe a bit geeky :oops:

I have trimmed the centre cubby in black leather and match gear gaiter and handbrake to go with the newly re-trimmed seats. New TRD gear-knob but not sure on this.... I might get my original re-trimmed....

Hope you like so far :)

W88NEE

Post by W88NEE »

Im really enjoying the development on your 10th. Well done. Look forward to the next posts.

Fellow 10th owner (155)
Was MR2Turbo1991, but now changed name.

5SGTE Forged Build 2011/12
Build Thread: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... nniversary
Blue_2

Post by Blue_2 »

:D Loving this thread.

Just out of interest your blue dash leds....were they just plug and play ?

If so which ones were they i want some :twisted:

Love how you got a nice even glow all over from :thumleft:
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Thanks Guys :thumleft:

Claw - yeah they are just simple plug and play. Craig sells the kits and can do many colours. I would recommend contacting him as he will sort you out :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”