dazzz

Forza 4

Post by dazzz »

Anyone played it yet?

Any good?
Bender Unit

Re: Forza 4

Post by Bender Unit »

Had a quick squizz on it last night, alot prettier, car models are very good, sound is significantly improved, simulation handling is an drastic imporvement on the old handling, racing is now more wheel to wheel you cant just rip past everyone on the 1st straight (although the AI does seem a bit slow in the bends - or its just my awesome skillz!)

Bigger, more varied car choice with alot more to come.

Really liking the simulation handling, takes a little getting used to but I cant match my times using simulation handling when using the normal handling set up.

Oh and brakes are much better - couldnt tuyrn the ABS off on F3 as it would just lock at the lightest touch but on F4 you can measure the brakes and throttle very well.

Overall I like it.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I'm getting it tonight. i can kiss good bye to a life for a while. I fkin love the Forza series.

Skyrim is out also next month.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

whats the kinect bit on it about?
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

The racing is a lot tighter, which makes it more fun.

The graphics are insane, seriously beautiful.

As for Kinect - not used it on this but it seems like another case of Microsoft trying to push Kinect when its not actually needed. You can use it in Forza to look around and out of the side of the car etc. Pretty pointless as you can do that with the controller anyway.
prb

Post by prb »

Had it for a week now and the Kinect is usable for controlling the game, not just looking about - but I have USA edition with all the muscle cars, so it may be different to Europe release.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Plays very well, liked it.

Found this guys.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... ms=FORZA+4

Damn good deal.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

im liking the kinect part, thought i would try it out and you can drive with your hands out like your holding the wheel with auto brake, pretty fun lol. Wish you could get an N.A though and a v6 conversion
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

+ love the fact abs can now be removed :D its only worth playing with everything turned off :thumleft:
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

4ndee wrote:+ love the fact abs can now be removed :D its only worth playing with everything turned off :thumleft:

abs could be turned off in 3 :-k
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

O yeah whoops
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

Struggling to decide whether to get this (which all my XBL friends are raving about) or Battlefield 3 (which Ive pre-ordered).

Decisions decisions!
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

kendoskeg wrote:Struggling to decide whether to get this (which all my XBL friends are raving about) or Battlefield 3 (which Ive pre-ordered).

Decisions decisions!

Both mate! Battlefield 3 will rock though and online will drain your life! :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Nails

Post by Nails »

Our lass got me forza yesterday. Was surprised when I put it on last night it imported a couple of cars and some credits. Gutted I couldn't pick which ones though as it has brought any of my favourites over.
Played the first 2 world cup things, graphics are a pretty big step from 3 imo, as big as a step as 3 was to forza 2.

Mrk 1 sc is canny decent. And the old skyline is proper lean lean drift snap.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

Nails wrote:Our lass got me forza yesterday. Was surprised when I put it on last night it imported a couple of cars and some credits. Gutted I couldn't pick which ones though as it has brought any of my favourites over.
Played the first 2 world cup things, graphics are a pretty big step from 3 imo, as big as a step as 3 was to forza 2.

Mrk 1 sc is canny decent. And the old skyline is proper lean lean drift snap.

set the cars up how ya want then no lean lean drift snap :)
Nails

Post by Nails »

Never been one to mess about with the settings always make them worse then get bored. I quite the handling like that also, makes it more fun.
kendoskeg

Post by kendoskeg »

thai boxer wrote:
kendoskeg wrote:Struggling to decide whether to get this (which all my XBL friends are raving about) or Battlefield 3 (which Ive pre-ordered).

Decisions decisions!

Both mate! Battlefield 3 will rock though and online will drain your life! :thumleft:

I know mate, think Ill get BF3 for now and Forza at the end of Oct.

Currently lurking in the top 1000 in Bad Company 2!

Back to Forza, best thing to do (if you like playing with settings) is to download some from the marketplace that people have already set up. Saves you lots of time and all you have to do is play with one or two settings to get it how you want it.

On Forza 3 I had maybe one or two cars I'd really make the effort to set up perfectly, takes up loads of time though.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Aw11 tuned to A class is rapid – drop the gearing right down and it absolutely rips – currently doing a few more tweaks to calm it down a bit and also trying to get some more grip coming out of the bends. The thing corners like a house fly.

Our lass got me forza yesterday. Was surprised when I put it on last night it imported a couple of cars and some credits. Gutted I couldn't pick which ones though as it has brought any of my favourites over.

The cars you get were based around what unicorn cars you had in the garage on F3 – you can’t choose. Some is better than none!
Nails

Post by Nails »

whats a unicorn car?

also if ou share your car with the garage do you still have to use in the single player game?

Return to “Games Consoles”