Newbie from London

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

smiley-81

Newbie from London

Post by smiley-81 »

Good evening guys and girls

Just thought i would take the time to introduce myself -

I'm Irish but have been in London for the last two years now and finally got my feet on the ground, so put a deposit down on my first Mr2 last night and picking it up tomo - Its a Rev 2 Turbo - always wanted one after a stream of mild to fast cars over the years.

Main plan will be to get it to handle properly and do a few track days a year -

If anyone can recommend me a garge that understands Mr2's in centre ish of London would be ace,

Will post soon with my new toy and up date on what its like !

all the best Smiley :D
sjm1984

Re: Newbie from London

Post by sjm1984 »

Welcome to IMOC 8)

Where abouts in london you from?
smiley-81

Post by smiley-81 »

Hi!

Im based in West London - Shepards Bush area-

Picked my the old girl up today its a 1993 Rev 2 turbo in black - all standard apart from exhaust - 60k miles, and service history backing it up since its arrival in the UK -seems solid enough! really enjoying it!

Only problem is Check engine light keeps coming on the moment the turbo starts to wind up - even though its boosting it seems a little slugish! Any ideas?

Also anyone recommend an MR2 specalist within London

many thanks :D
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Pacific Works is up the M1... junc 9 then another 1 mile. Luke knows them backwards and is worth a journey.
Is this your first mid engine rwd? Take it easy if so especially as the weather worsens. Prob teaching you to suck eggs... sorry. Hows London suiting?

R.
smiley-81

Post by smiley-81 »

thanks for that booked in with Luke for next week!

Yes will be taking it very handy - but looking forward to learning how to drive it - and after a DC2-R this will be a very different experience !

been a Rev 2 i was hoping to get a reliable 230odd bhp? is this a little optimistic? With money going into making it go round corners and stop!

London is fun - too much fun at times :D , but so expensive, no garage space, insurnace etc etc - and price of everything is crazy - just seem to be running to stand still lately - untill Friday come 8) !!!!!!
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome to IMOC :thumleft: looking forward to pics 8) 8)

Return to “Member Profiles”