Need new rad/ exhaust

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

klimite

Need new rad/ exhaust

Post by klimite »

I've posted a thread up in wanted for an exhaust

First off, it's a 91 jap import N/A

basically I'm looking for a cat back (decat) stainless exhaust not too loud...any there any recommendations of new ones? of links to sites etc for prices...

also The same goes with rad's I need a new one as mines crumbling away...is it worth going for the ali performance ones and once again links to places to buy and pricing.

Cheers
cvega666

Re: Need new rad/ exhaust

Post by cvega666 »

for NA you can get a Blueflame or a Mongoose exhausts, prices vary from 300ish to 450. Camskill, ebay, etc..

as for the rad, just get a standard one.
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
klimite

Post by klimite »

HOW MUCH!!!!! I had a blueflame for a car before and it was half of that!! jesus!

and okay I'll probs get a second hand one for a month or two just so it's cooling properly then get a new one after xmas
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

yes I mentioned new prices, ebay, forums, usually can net one for a lot less :) I bought my blueflame for the NA for 120 quid couple months ago. It's just that NA exhausts come up for sale much less often than turbos.
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
jenniferhoops

Post by jenniferhoops »

cvega666 wrote:for NA you can get a Blueflame or a Mongoose exhausts, prices vary from 300ish to 450. Camskill, ebay, etc..

as for the rad, just get a standard one.

Hey friend your suggestion is really good. I have changed my bikes silencer with Blue frame and now its performance and sound is really fantastic.

Post by mr2guy »

dont know if your sorted yet but i have just removed a full janspeed exhaust with decat, and a blueflame with decat both in great condition as i bought both 12 months ago and about 18 months ago cost me a load but if you make me an offer i might accept for right price , postage will cost but welcome to collect from wolverhampton or arrange your own courrier, jimbo
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

mr2guy wrote:dont know if your sorted yet but i have just removed a full janspeed exhaust with decat, and a blueflame with decat both in great condition as i bought both 12 months ago and about 18 months ago cost me a load but if you make me an offer i might accept for right price , postage will cost but welcome to collect from wolverhampton or arrange your own courrier, jimbo

How loud are these over stock out of interest??
mr2guy

Post by mr2guy »

They are both noticeably louder than standard but they arent ear shatteringly loud, both have a nice rumble at tickover (not neighbour annoying !) but have a nice rasp under acceleration that sounds good, they also look great compared to the standard tiny pipes, in my opinion the blueflame sounds better than the janspeed , but just my opinion as they were on two different revisions of car, janspeed on a rev 3, and blueflame on a rev 1

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”