MR2 MK1 Supercharger 27,000 miles * SOLD*

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lee_MR2

MR2 MK1 Supercharger 27,000 miles * SOLD*

Post by Lee_MR2 »

The time has come to let go of what I can hand on heart say is most probably one of the best examples of a Supercharger left in Britain.

I personally imported this car from Canada three years ago and was stunned at the condition of the car. The underside shows bearly any rust and shows the age of a car merely a couple of years old. The paintwork is of concourse condition and the inside bears no signs of wear. The pictures show a couple of awards the car picked up while in Canada for "Best stock MK1" and "People Choice Award".

The car was imported from Daie Motors in Japan to Canada in 2005 and there is a whole binder of receipts detailing this import and service receipts from Toyota in Canada.

The car has done only 27,000 miles of which almost all have been in the dry, since being kept in the Uk it has only ever been out in the summer and been covered in the garage with a professional car cover over winter.

The car comes with Air conditioning as standard which is fully functioning and also a cd changer although I do still have an original Toyota stereo.

The car has been fitted with a performance clutch and LSD which really improves the handling. Other subtle upgrades include a K&N induction kit (In the boot), Magnecor ignition leads, Eibach springs and performance Stainless Steel exhaust, the car has also been run only on Super Unleaded.

The car has sailed through every MOT and had no advisories, everywhere I have taken this car its commented on the immaculate condition of the underside, all the spot welds can still be seen as shows up a bit on one of the pictures.

The owner in Canada had a private appraisal carried out on the car which which marked every aspect of the car, part of the summary concluded -

" Exceptionally well preserved in mainly original conidiont. Extremely difficult model to acquire without import. Exceptionally clean and show detailed. Excellent for long term use and for special collectors investment. "

More details from appraisal can be forwarded on if requested.

This car really needs to be seen in the flesh as I don't think the pics do it enough justice.

If anyone needs any further pictures or details please feel free to PM me or on 07763315953 after 4.

£8,000 ONO

Thanks

Adam
Last edited by Lee_MR2 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lee_MR2

Re: MR2 MK1 Supercharger 27,000 miles * SOLD*

Post by Lee_MR2 »

Haha, sorry heres the pics

fimmo

Post by fimmo »

wow simply wow.

my mate spotted this at a local car park a few days ago in kirkcaldy and sent me a pic, he mentioned it was spotless!!

seriously good luck with the sale
Rustyracing

Post by Rustyracing »

Very nice.
Used to have one in Mica Blue, loved that car, have always regretted selling it.

What roof does it have? Doesn't look like a T-Bar from the pics, is it a hardtop or sunroof/moonroof?
Lee_MR2

Post by Lee_MR2 »

Cheers for the comments guys, yeah it is a tintop roof :)
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

HOW CLEAN,,,,,,,,,,,

What a car :shock:
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Wow! :shock: Beautiful car, best of luck with the sale :thumleft:
uglee

Post by uglee »

Simply perfect and worth every penny!

Don't fancy a swap for a 2GR-FE Mk2? 8-[

Think I'm going to have a talk with the bank manager :thumleft:
Rustyracing

Post by Rustyracing »

Don't fancy a swap for a 2GR-FE Mk2?

I'll buy your car if you wanted to release funds! :lol:

Post by 5705 »

Absolutely lovely. Good luck. :)
ggrice

Post by ggrice »

absolute beauty
Fab4MR2

Post by Fab4MR2 »

Absolutely beautiful car. Very interesting possible option combination as it has the late retractable style mirrors, but manual window cranks.

Are the mirrors actually power retractable or not? You would have a retraction button on the mirror switch, but it was not pictured. very curious as some claim there were actually non-power retractable mirrors in this style, but there has been exceptionally little evidence to support it. Thanks.

GLWS!! Wish it were LHD, lol.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Fab4MR2 wrote:
very curious as some claim there were actually non-power retractable mirrors in this style, but there has been exceptionally little evidence to support it. Thanks.

I think I have a set.. Different shape to UK spec Mk1 mirrors, same shape as my electric retractable Supercharger mirrors but they do not retract and feel a lot lighter. I'll try and get some pics!

Back on topic, wonderful rare car, good luck with sale!
Fab4MR2

Post by Fab4MR2 »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:
Fab4MR2 wrote:
very curious as some claim there were actually non-power retractable mirrors in this style, but there has been exceptionally little evidence to support it. Thanks.

I think I have a set.. Different shape to UK spec Mk1 mirrors, same shape as my electric retractable Supercharger mirrors but they do not retract and feel a lot lighter. I'll try and get some pics!

Back on topic, wonderful rare car, good luck with sale!

Not to detract anymore either, but would love it if you could post some pics of the non-retractable ones, including the pigtails, which would show the number of wires (3 as opposed to the 7 that the retractable ones had), or PM me. I have been trying to track this down for ages, and it is probably about the only AW11 part I have not been able to confirm or deny, lol. If you find any part numbers on them that would be awsome as well.

Now back to our regular programming!
Lee_MR2

Post by Lee_MR2 »

Unfortunately these are not power retracting

I was also surprised by the manual cranks, can only assume it was chosen to maybe save some weight but not sure.

The car also has a Toyota flare located behind the drivers seat and mounted on the sidewall. I have never come accross this on a car before, I am unsure as to what situation you would actually need to use this in. Will have to try and get a picture up of it.
Fab4MR2

Post by Fab4MR2 »

The flare clips were standard at some point on the MKI's in Japan. There were even some that had a recessed area where the flare went. I managed to get both of those from YJ, and checked the part numbers, but they apparently both used the same number, which is really weird, so I couldn't narrow down the possibilities as to which car they went with. I sold the one with the exterior clips, and will install the recessed one for jdm points, lol. I managed to get a matching flare for it as well, but will only put that in for shows, and may keep a small flashlight there in the meanwhile. Would be nicer if I wasn't driving a lhd car though, lol.

Would be great if you could post pics of the standard mirror switch that I am guessing you have, along with pics of the mirrors themselves.

Personally I like the manual window setup yours has, and the unique non-retracting mirrors, which seem to be quite rare. Saves on some weight, and also electrical malfunctions down the road.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”