[Mk2] [Generic] Recaro seats into a mk2, rails?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gaz!

[Mk2] [Generic] Recaro seats into a mk2, rails?

Post by Gaz! »

Hello, can anyone shed any light on this?

I have a pair of Recaro speed seats that im very longing to put in my 2. However I dont have the rails.

I have contacted Mr NightSpirit to try and get hold of a genuine set from the mother land, he is unable to help.

Ive chopped up a pair of seats and ground the rails off, but I think fabbing up the runners to fit the seats would be alot of work.

A member on here has offered me a set of Bride T0 rails, im in the belief that these rails can be slightly modded to fit.

If so how? Has anyone done this? What needs doing? Are the T0 rails the right ones?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

The seats;

Gaz!

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Recaro seats into a mk2, rails?

Post by Gaz! »

Anyone???
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

I brought recaro rails from demon thieves. Easy to fit to mk2 runners.
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Skywalker wrote:I brought recaro rails from demon thieves. Easy to fit to mk2 runners.

What do you mean Luke?
and1ne13

Post by and1ne13 »

sure he means demon tweeks , google them, wont be cheap but maybe worth it, I just got some evo 4 seats and was lucky enough to get the rails for £100 of some1 on this forum, put recaro rails in the wanted section and try your luck..

p.s nice seats btw :lol:
RST

Post by RST »

Call www.recaro-seats.co.uk and order a set of "generic rails". The difference between genuine Bride/Recaro ones and the generic ones is about £5 of metal loosely taked on and not worth the money (trust me, been there, got the t'shirt). [generics are about £50 and SW20 specific imports from Bride are over £100]
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

If you remove the mounting points from your original seats and mount them on these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-RAC ... 3a6858ce96 this link will give you the idea http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/know-your-2/mk1/ ... a-mk1.html
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

RST wrote:Call www.recaro-seats.co.uk and order a set of "generic rails". The difference between genuine Bride/Recaro ones and the generic ones is about £5 of metal loosely taked on and not worth the money (trust me, been there, got the t'shirt). [generics are about £50 and SW20 specific imports from Bride are over £100]

Ah nice, do you have a part number by any chance? I phoned the company but they were unsure as they had more than one type of genaric rail.
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

A set of seats with rails here http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=153573 buy them take the rails off and sell the seats on ebay without rails.
Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

madbasshunter wrote:A set of seats with rails here http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=153573 buy them take the rails off and sell the seats on ebay without rails.

Sorted a deal has been done.

Thanks very much for pionting that out mate :thumleft:

Gunna have these seats in my car ready for JAE \:D/

Return to “Modifications”