D158RAM mk1a

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stevenb

D158RAM mk1a

Post by stevenb »

Anyone on here got my old car?
Still registered, according to the DVLA.
I last sold it to a nice gent from Ipswich.

Would like to see how it's doing if at all possible. :)

Steve
AndyA

Re: D158RAM mk1a

Post by AndyA »

Hello Steve,

I'm please to report the D158RAM is alive & well, & has lived with me for about the last four or five years now :D

Spent a couple of years off the road, but this was due to threatened unemployment & job insecurity, rather that any fault with the car - I took it off the road for a winter, then couldn't justify spending the money to re-tax & insure it, so it resided in my Mum & stepdad's garage.

Put it back on the road again for this summer. I gave it a good service, & overhauled the brakes, fitting recon calipers at the back, new flexies all round & new brake cables. It failed it's first MOT for two years on a bit of corrosion on the rear of the passenger side sill, which I had repaired properly at a local restoration place, rather than patched by the garage.

I have tried to keep on top of any bodywork issues over the years, and have had one arch repaired (the other was done by a previous owner, perhaps you?), & had the windscreen aperture repaired & a new screen fitted.

I have also recently replaced the aftermarket alloys the car came with with a good set of standard wheels, which I think suit it better & return it to original spec.

I think I bought the car in Woodbridge, but can't remember the name of the guy offhand

What was the car like when you owned it? You obviously have some fond memories of it :D

If you would like to meet up sometime let me know (pm me on here) & we can sort something out :thumleft:

Andy
stevenb

Re: D158RAM mk1a

Post by stevenb »

Hi Andy,

Yeah that was it.....I sold it to a guy from Woodbridge.
He didn't know much about MR2's at all. I had to sell it to him and explain TVIS etc. :lol: I sold it to him completely standard with a brand new MOT.

So glad to hear it is being taken care of.
The car was repaired down the nearside due to an accident with a White van but it was not a write off. It had a new rear arch, front arch and paint work. Repaired to a very good standard and I put the red/black graphics back on the car which took me ages. It come 2nd in it's class at JAE right after the car came out of the workshop. :thumleft:

I'd had the car polybushed too by Peter Gidden at S-Bits.

I bought the car from a wealthy retired couple with only 68k on the clock who owned it since new so you must be the 4th owner.
PM me your email address. I have a pic of it just days after I first bought it.
I even had a Mug made up (which I still have) with a pic of the car on it. I loved that car.
Again....so pleased to hear your taking good care of it.
Would like to catch up for sure.
:)
Cheers for replying too.
Steve

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”