STOLEN R33 GTR JUST NOW

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

b8ucks

STOLEN R33 GTR JUST NOW

Post by b8ucks »

My car was hijacked 20minutes ago.

2 asian guys came to see it for sale.

Here is the car:

Nissan : R33 GTR Nissan Skyline

IF ANYONE SEES IT IN ESSEX/LONDON (IT WAS STOLEN IN BENFLEET) PLEASE CALL ME ON.

Please post this around all the forums asap.
Last edited by b8ucks on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phill P

Re: STOLEN R33 GTR JUST NOW

Post by Phill P »

Reg no
Colour and general description would be good.

Bastards,all the best in finding it.
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

b8ucks wrote:Here is the car:

Nissan : R33 GTR Nissan Skyline

IF ANYONE SEES IT IN ESSEX/LONDON (IT WAS STOLEN IN BENFLEET)

Sorry, but...

:roll:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Maybe in a bit of a rushed panic when posting this one up?
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

Check his vehicle on here. Is a Skybird still so maybe the pic is still up to date
Chris
Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
Chr15py
IMOC Organiser

Post by Chr15py »

Mr Rapey Banana WILL get you...oh yes! :)
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

So is it an R32 or R33 ? :-k
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

JohnnyC wrote:

So is it an R32 or R33 ? :-k

R33 GTR
b8ucks

Post by b8ucks »

Sorry for the confusion. Apparently the link didn't work when I was rushing about posting everywhere I could think. Heres a link to the GTR forum with more info:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/153719-stole ... t-now.html

I'll post up some more info when I get a min.

Nik
b8ucks

Post by b8ucks »

Extract from the GTR forum of what happened:

Thanks for all the replies guys and to the moderators for editing my link so it was a bit more legible!

The police took a statement last night, before I had to go to hospital to get some stitches in my hand. What happened was unbelievable and it hasn't really set in yet.

I was in Nottingham yesterday when at 3.30pm I got a phonecall about my car for sale from a young guy (about 26) asking if he could see my car that night. He said his name was Jay and asked all the usual questions, but in particular was very concerned about how the car drove. I answered all the questions and I said I was in nottingham and wouldn't be back until 9pm. He was insistent that he wouldn't be able to see the car this weekend if I couldn't show it to him earlier. So I stopped working, and drove back asap. We arranged to meet at 7pm and he said he'd get a lift over to me.

Two guys arrived at 7 exactly. I was messing about with something on the car when they walked over. I don't know why I didn't think more about it at the time, but they said they arrived in a taxi. Obviously this should have set alarm bells ringing but it didn't. The guy I spoke to on the phone introduced himself as Terry. I assumed Jay must have been a nickname so didn't question it. I can't remember his friend's name. But they're obviously fake names anyway.

The car was unlocked and they asked to look around etc. They commented how nice it was, how nice the paint was, how nice the wheels were etc. The asked to look under the bonnet so I opened it up for them. They asked me to start it up, which I did. Everyone was outside the car and the bonnet was up so I didn't think too much of it. Terry was then telling me how he'd sold his pulsar to fund the car and asked me how it compared to one etc.

This is where I did something very, very stupid. Terry was talking to me in front of the car with the bonnet up. The friend asked if he could sit in the car. I felt uneasy about this as it was running, but I didn't want to be accused of being racist for not trusting him. So I said yes, but continued to stand in front of the car talking to Terry. I heard the dirver's door shut and became very concerned. Terry then ran to the passenger door and shut it. I realised I was being robbed.

Please bare in mind that the bonnet was still up and I was stood in front of the car. The driver revved the engine and launched the car at me. I jumped out the way but they hit me on the leg and I cut my fingers open on the bonnet.

They nailed it down the road flat in 1st 2nd and 3rd with the bonnet up!!! As I was running after it I saw the bonnet flexing backwards. I could hear the car stop at the bottom of my road, and then accelerate again, so they must have stopped to shut the bonnet. I rang the police whilst running back to get the keys for my other car. I chased after them but couldn't see them.

Details of the guys:

Both seemed to have London/Essex accents, but not too common.
Both were Pakistani (or similar race)

Terry: 6' 2" and a but fat and had stubble
Friend: 5' 6" and skinny with a goatee beard.

This is the number they called from: 07415189660
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Good luck.

The reg is M538 FNW for easy reference.
White alloys.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Gutted for you.

If someone test drives a car I have for sale then I always ensure that they give me the keys to the car they came in first . No keys, no test drive.

Following this thread I've also decided that in future, anyone coming to view a car will be photographed on my mobile phone. These are synced automatically to my google account on the web (gotta love android) so at least I'll have something if it all goes wrong. No photo = no sale.

No method is ever going to be fool proof.
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

Get a good looking semi-rare car for sale and see if they take the bait, same area, but not too close, say 40-50 miles so they don't risk being spotted. A bunch of guys with baseball bats nearby. If they show up, you know what happens next...
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
mattgt

Post by mattgt »

Main thing is you didnt get squished in the process, insurance will sort the rest (hopefully).

Too many of these stories cropping up and as said above, nothing is foolproof.

Although i do like this idea...

cvega666 wrote:Get a good looking semi-rare car for sale and see if they take the bait, same area, but not too close, say 40-50 miles so they don't risk being spotted. A bunch of guys with baseball bats nearby. If they show up, you know what happens next...

:-k :twisted:
1994 Astral Black Rev3 Turbo

HKS Induction > HKS SSQV > Greddy intercooler > Berk Downpipe > Blitz Nur-Spec> 2x Magic tree
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

mass beating ideas aside, the important thing is OP didn't get seriously hurt. It's a pain to watch your car get stolen in such blatant fashion in front of your eyes, but in the end of the day, this could have ended much worse.
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
archangel

Post by archangel »

Oh dude really sorry to hear that. Guess we should all take it as a lesson. Hope they catch the idiots and lock them away. I heard that's why Evos have such high insurance as they are top of the list for thieves as they are great for robberies. Very fast with crazy handling to get away from persuing police and 4 doors to get the team in quickly.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Sorry to hear that chap, best of luck finding it.
craig

Post by craig »

All the best getting it back fella :cry:
Yas

Post by Yas »

Sorry to hear this mate :( Prob not good for you but I hope the accelerator pedal gets jammed and they hit a wall at full boost splattering themselves all over :evil:
Low Spec!
RIP TweenieRob
http://www.eshishaonline.com
ulysess1966

Can't be too careful

Post by ulysess1966 »

I'm really sorry to hear this, seems to be getting more common.

I had a couple come to look over a MK1 I had for sale a few years ago and they wanted to test it so they left their 7-year-old daughter behind as collatoral. It was only when they were away down the street I thought 'what if this kid isn't theirs?' Luckily she was, they came back and they bought the car.

My advice would be to have a mate or 2 around for something ike this and don't be talked into changing your plans for a quick sale. A genuine person will come at a convenient time.

Return to “Spotted”