sub box size

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dylan5084

sub box size

Post by dylan5084 »

what size is the space behind the seats so i can make my own sub box, anyone with a box pls help by measuring tyvm in advance, or a link to the dimensions would be good :D

mk2 by the way

cheers dylan
madbasshunter

Re: sub box size

Post by madbasshunter »

The sub box has to be made to suit the sub different subs have different parameters and need different size boxes, and some want ported or sealed here is a ported box for a kicker l5
Here is a sealed box for the same sub
As you can see there is a lot of difference in size, and here is a sealed box for a 12" JBL
dylan5084

Post by dylan5084 »

yea, i understand the character of subs and box size needs, didnt think there would have been enough space in there for a 15" sub at all, what size is the box in cubic litres? i was thinking that probably a 10" powerful driver would have been the best size to go...
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

The 2 boxes are for 10" kicker L5 square subs, the sealed box is 1cuft and the ported is 1.25cuft and the partly external port tuned to 38hz, I did have a 15" type R Alpine in a 1.5 cuft sealed box but this meant the seat had to be 2 clicks forward.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”