FSE Power Boost Valve

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

elbon50

Re: FSE Power Boost Valve

Post by elbon50 »

I also object to being referred to as "the OP" TFS

My name is clearly expressed in my posts

I treat all members in the same polite & friendly manner & expect (& receive from most members) the same in return

And another thing, you criticise me for referring to MS2 without explaining the meaning but you then leave members to have to do exactly the same with "OP"

Peter
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

anyway, thought everyone knew what an OP was as i posted it in a thread a little while ago, evidently not.

you see if i reply as you do you take offence PMSL, treat people as you would wish to be treated
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

T.F.S. wrote: treat people as you would wish to be treated

You should act on your own advice TFS

Peter
Mk1Chris

Post by Mk1Chris »

elbon50 wrote:I also object to being referred to as "the OP" TFS

No disrespect, but OP is common forum terminology and is in no way ever meant to be taken as an insult. It just refers to 'Original Poster', which I believe you were.
Smallport 4AGTE
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

elbon50 wrote:
T.F.S. wrote: treat people as you would wish to be treated

You should act on your own advice TFS

Peter

and thats rich coming from someone who is here to ask advice lol
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

Mk1Chris wrote:
elbon50 wrote:I also object to being referred to as "the OP" TFS

No disrespect, but OP is common forum terminology and is in no way ever meant to be taken as an insult. It just refers to 'Original Poster', which I believe you were.

Thank you Chris

As a member who has been active on this forum for only 3 or 4 weeks I didn't know that

Thanks to you I do know now :)

Peter

PS I am actually an OP (an old Pocklingtonian but TFS didn't know that) :)

PPS It wasn't that I took OP as an insult in itself, more that it seemed to me I was being treated as an insignificant other, while he ranted at Lauren

I am far from insignificant
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

T.F.S. wrote:
yea i had mine set up in a petrol garage once...does not mean you have to go to a petrol garage to get it set up though does it lol

Sorry but what is a 'petrol garage'?

I guess you could just throw an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on and hope for the best without knowing whether you've made an improvement or not.

Or you could do it properly. I really don't understand what you are going on about. In one sentence you say you don't need to get it set up at a 'petrol garage' and in another you say:

fuelling is controlled by the injectors and if you increase base fuelling via the regulator then you have made a global change which will increase fuel at idle and borewash your engine unless you compinsate via the engine management

??
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

T.F.S. wrote:

I'm starting to get bored of your comments, so tone it down please.
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

Lauren wrote:Sorry but what is a 'petrol garage'?

I guess you could just throw an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on and hope for the best without knowing whether you've made an improvement or not.

Or you could do it properly. I really don't understand what you are going on about. In one sentence you say you don't need to get it set up at a 'petrol garage' and in another you say:

??

a petrol garage is where you fill your car with petrol...its quite obvious you are trying to play games here

on a modern petrol car that has a stock ECU you simply need to set the fuel pressure to stock settings, anything outside of this parameter will cause fuelling issues so yea you could set a fuel pressure regulator up in a petrol garage, outside a cafe etc

the only tool you need is a cheap pressure guage
Last edited by T.F.S. on Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

Lauren wrote:
T.F.S. wrote:

I'm starting to get bored of your comments, so tone it down please.

im also getting bored of your comments, i will tone nothing down and i have not broken any rules here
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

T.F.S. wrote:
a petrol garage is where you fill your car with petrol...its quite obvious you are trying to play games here

on a modern petrol car that has a stock ECU you simply need to set the fuel pressure to stock settings, anything outside of this parameter will cause fuelling issues so yea you could set a fuel pressure regulator up in a petrol garage, outside a cafe etc

the only tool you need is a cheap pressure guage

I'm not trying to play games at all. When I got mine set up, I did so on a rolling road, not at a BP station or outside the local cafe.

My point was, that in my case my car wasn't set at stock settings due to having a different fuel pump with a lower fuel rate, so I needed to get it optimised in regards to fuel pressure. This is why I used a rolling road so we could monitor fueling and all the other parameters in order to get it right.

If you just needed to run stock fuel pressure, there is no point fitting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in the first place.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”