[Mk2] [Turbo] apex intake heatshield clearance issue

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nickg07

[Mk2] [Turbo] apex intake heatshield clearance issue

Post by nickg07 »

Hi there seems to be a tight ailment issue for the apexi intake with heat
shield in my engine bay.

I thoughtl there was an odd sound behind the pAssenger side when i booted it and let.off. i believe it could be this vibrating. my mechanic mentioned it instantly when he saw inside the engine bay asking if it vibrated. see pic note tg
he nut seems to have been angle grinned to get it flush with the angle of the shield but its not ideal

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

anyone have any ideas if i can slightly relocate any of these rubbing away from my filter or can i just shove some flammable materiAl between them and bodge it?
dazzz

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] apex intake heatshield clearance issue

Post by dazzz »

I think you're missing a bracket which stops it from sitting against the water neck.

It should be fitted with two brackets. I've seen people use one though and they have been fine.
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Ah right that's just how the car came as it was in Japan. Ill double check the brackets there did seem to be scope to move it slightly so ill see what i can do!
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

You should have two at about 90 degrees to each other to stop movement in all directions.

You may have to invent a new bracket.
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Well after taking out the intake from filter to turbo i have since repositioned and rotated the apexi tube in the rubber tube and now have the heatshield free of obstructin AND on the outside of the filter not somewhere inbetween the filter and the paper gasket (whoever installed it like that must have been smoking something rotten for sure.).

So all is now well.
Baker

Post by Baker »

just to be sure, its not a heatshield as such, but a rainguard, and it should be on the top of the filter.
i might be wrong, but it sounds like you've moved it around to the bottom?
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Yera i didnt move it all the way round, i simply rotated the apexi metal bit in the rtubber hose by about 5-10 degrees and it seems to have opened the space up a little. Dnt worry it doesnt point downwards although i ddint hink about having it covering the side..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Return to “Modifications”