[Mk2] [Turbo] Time for a new look - but need ideas

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

andyg1978

[Mk2] [Turbo] Time for a new look - but need ideas

Post by andyg1978 »

Hi all

Had my tubby for a close to 2 years now and want to do something different with the front of it. When I bought it it had a Bomex bumper and a dent in the drivers wing.

I thought the Bomex bumper didn't suit the car and got the wings and bumper of a Rev1 UK car. Being new to MR2's I didn't think about the black bottom on the wings or the lip. I sanded and resprayed the bottom of the wings and got a Rev 3 lip for the bumper.

Here it is as it stands

The eaqle eyed amongst you will notice that the lip doesn't quite fit and the bumper and wings are a different shade of white (plus the arches are starting to get a bit of rust on them.

I know its not much, but its now annoying me so I want to get it sorted. I am going to refit the original wings (Jap ones so will be going back to Toblerone side repeaters) once I have fixed the dent (been practising on my 306 so feel confident I can do this).

That just leaves the bumper. Either want a proper Rev 3 bumper (don't even need the lip as I have one) or take a chance and put an aftermarket one on. The Bomex was to out of place as would a Veilside. Something thats different but to to much in your face if you get me.

So;

1) can anybody make any recommendations
2) does anybody know of ones for sale (in 040 ideally)

Cheers
craig

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Time for a new look - but need ideas

Post by craig »

I think the only front bumper that goes with the stock sides mate is Tom's.

All the others make the front lower than the rest of the car.

Return to “Modifications”