My Dream's come true

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Spittinflames

My Dream's come true

Post by Spittinflames »

Hi, Could'nt find the right place to say hi so i hope this will do. I'm new to the mr2 but not to jap sports cars. I used to own an EVO 2 rs but due to unforseen circumstances (i.e a truck coming the other way) the ol' girl died. Finally saved up enough to get my hands on a black 1993 mr2 turbo with loads of goodies already bolted on to it. Picking it up thursday well looking forward to it... boy does it feel good to get back in a turbo.

Just want to say hi to FIZZ who i know from mashamoto, he pointed me in the direction of this site.. Thanks fizz. I hope to meet up with you sometime before you get rid of your car. Cheers for all the advice.

Anyways i tend to ramble on a little so i'll shut up now and i'll be picking all your brains later :wink:

Oh and im from stoke-on-trent area so if anyone lives near me be sure to drop me a line... it would be nice to meet some fellow enthusiasts.
Dale_V

Re: My Dream's come true

Post by Dale_V »

welcome to IMOC :D
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

welcome to the club mate :)
g14nnh

Post by g14nnh »

welcome mate...all good fun on this site as you will soon see :mrgreen:
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. This site is a goldmine, cant belive how much i've learnt already by just looking at some old posts.... Thanks :P Oh b4 i forget, this mr2 im getting on thursday has standard wheels on but unfrtunatly s missing the centre caps, any idea of where to get some from.... tried ebay.... or do any of you have a spare set knocking around? got paypal for easy money transfer or can meet up. Cheers
craig

Post by craig »

Welcome to IMOC matey! 8)
BLOODUK

Post by BLOODUK »

HeLlO!
fizz

Post by fizz »

Ahh... i see you found your way here. Nice one.

Congrats on the purchase..

With regards to the centre caps i aint got a clue mate sorry. Just place a thread up in the 'wanted' section and try your luck.

You in for a treat with the tubby.. just rememebr that you probably wont have LSD which is standard on the Rev 3+ so be careful while you learn how the car handles.

Give us a shout if you need anythin lad..

Fizz :mrgreen:
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

Hey dude! Nice to see another MR2 Tubbie in the S-on-T area ;)

Checkout my baby in the garage link, only had her a month but its luuuuuurve :twisted:

:D

Si
Owen @ Kent Car Craft

Post by Owen @ Kent Car Craft »

Hola senore,

im not spanish,
sorry.
Welcome to IMOC =D>
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

you can probably get the centercaps from toyota (mr T)
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Yeah cheers for the help fizz. I'll be bugging you all the time now lol. Just need to start badgering mash to give us some good deals and to start stocking bits for the 2. Like i say i cant wait to get back into my jap car's it's been a hard year after the accident but finally im back.... just gotta take me time in this one :)

[SIG] where abouts you live, what area? im near biddulph... will have to meet up sometime if your up for it... dont forget to wave if you see me if you see a black tub followed closley by a blue scooby with big wheels thats me and my m8.... cant see your pic's in the garage for some reason :( is yours black too.

Hi to everyone else... i feel like im part f a big family already :thumright:
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

my mistake just seen your motor [sig] fook i wish mine looked like that.... mayb in a year or three lol... cant say ive ever seen it ripping around. Zonealarm ws blocking the photos for some reason.... i gotta say the quality of mr2's on here is superb.... i feel a little ashamed of mine :(

Its pretty standard from outside but does have some goodies bolted on to it.. yes i know the centre caps are missing, that really bugs me
fizz

Post by fizz »

bro.. i wish you were still here so we could hook up as we had talked about all those years ago... :cry:
craig

Post by craig »

RIP Spittinflames me old mukka. It really is sad reading posts like these now. :cry:
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

:( :cry: I'd like to think he would have an mr2 in heaven
C50

Post by C50 »

seeing an old thread dragged up :cry:
big_ron

Post by big_ron »

fizz wrote:bro.. i wish you were still here so we could hook up as we had talked about all those years ago... :cry:

fizz, thanks for the insight of how my son joined your fab club, when I went down with him to choose his MR, I can remember clearly how he took it for a test and I waited for him to come back as the little jap bloke wanted me as deposit!, the smile on his face when he drove back in the showroom was a gem, he just could not wait to get it home, the first thing he did after leaving a deposit for it was to join this club and he never looked back since.

I cannot thank you all enough for all the pleasure that you have given our son, and now all the support that you are giving me and Lin.

Ron and Lin very proud mum and dad of spittingflames

rev3kid

Post by rev3kid »

your son was a very special person on here one of the best he was a credit to the mr2 family :clap: your son might be gone but he most certainly will not be forgotten a true gentlemen at heart it was a real pleasure just talking with him on pm's he was a real car enthusiast,it was a real pity i never met you face to face i wish the family all the very best in the future

RIP, GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
fizz

Post by fizz »

Ron,

I remember him looking for a car and he saw mine on this other forum and we got chatting about it etc. I practically convinced him to buy the MR2 as he was considering other options....

You know... its hard to think 'What if...' :cry:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”