Post images

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

FrankBelgium

Post images

Post by FrankBelgium »

Hello,

I have a little restoration project of my AW11 I want to share with you guys. But apparently, I have not enough posts for the pictures.
Fortunately, I have saved everything in a Word document!
Can someone help me out with this problem or do I need to make more posts?

Thanks,

Frank
PW@Woodsport

Re: Post images

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Hi Frank, i for one would love to see your project, so we can get your post count up so you can post pics.

How's the weather in Belguim? :D
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

More posts required before you can post pics, due to spammers unfortunately.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Don't you see the irony there Lauren in that he now needs to spam to get his pics on :lol:
FrankBelgium

Post by FrankBelgium »

The weather was a little windy today but not so bad after all Paul! :wink:
Ideal weather to try some of the Meguiars stuff on my car. Still can't believe I rubbed the bodywork with a piece of clay and some expensive water with a "Meguiars smell"!! :)
But the result wasn't so bad, unfortunatly due to the wind there was also a lot of dust blown around ...
How much posts do I need before I'm not seen as spam anymore?

Cheers,

Frank
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

I think you need 15 posts

have a look in off topic, always something to write in there
FrankBelgium

Post by FrankBelgium »

Normally, the idea was to do first the presentation and then the questions.
But I'll do it the other way, so my posts count gets higher! :D

I'd like to go to the JAE meeting in September but I have no idea how to get in and where to sleep. From Belgium it'll be a 500km trip.
Can I buy tickets? Do I have to pay at the entrance?
Do you have good sleep addresses in the neighborhood? Or can I stay at a camping if I don't belong to any club ( I know, it'll be a good opportunity to pay club membership! :wink: )?
What about the car, because it bothers me the most to be honest, can I leave it on a secured spot? Mr2's are so easy to steal and if I'm not sure where to leave it, I'll come with the Volvo.

Cheers,

Frank
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Hiya frank,

Welcome to IMOC.

As far as JAE goes you can bring the Mk1, park it on our stand and camp within spitting distance of the car. :thumleft:

Ticket wise I'll give Malcolm another kick to get the details up but you should be able to buy them through the club.

Chris
BIGBOBO

Post by BIGBOBO »

Hi Frank,

Where are you from in Belgium?

I'm from Belgium too :)
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Just to add Frank, if you do not like the idea of camping you will be able to find local accomodation, most people do camp though.

You'll be very welcome to join us on the IMOC stand and if you know any other Belgium Mk1 Owners feel free to extend this invite to them as well.

You can buy tickets through our club or on the gate when you arrive. It will cost more to buy them on the gate though.

Your mk1 should be more than safe on our club stand so please do not bring the Volvo! :lol: :thumleft:
Last edited by Charged on Mon May 23, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Ps, your written English is excellent :thumleft:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
FrankBelgium

Post by FrankBelgium »

Thanks Ollie for the info!
And by the way:
Ps, your written English is excellent
Thanks to Google translate for the finishing touch! O:)

I would be pleased to have a spot on the camping! But the problem is that I won't stay for the whole event. The idea is that I 'll take Friday 09/09 a day off at work to get over there. I'll have a whole Saturday to enjoy the event and I'm planning to come back on Sunday morning. Do you think it will be a problem to get the car up and off the club stand?

Hello Bigbobo,
I'm from Willebroek and it would be really great if we can meet some day in Belgium!
Are you planning to go to the JAE this year? Do you plan some nice trips in the future in Belgium?

Cheers,

Frank
BIGBOBO

Post by BIGBOBO »

Hi Frank,

I'm from Leuven myself but work in Mechelen, so not to far from Willebroek. Head over to mr2club.be to find out about events and drives. Altough I must admit that the site isn't as active anymore as it used to be :(.

A couple of friends where talking about a little tour in the harbor of Antwerp and one in Luxemburg but we haven't set a date yet. I'll keep you informed if we do.

I wasn't planning on going to JAE, never been there and don't know much about it tbh. My car isn't really pretty so no point in showing it off (messed up the bumper 2 weeks after I bought it, rear arches and sills are welded but not repainted, got a dent in the wing from a bike hitting me etc and on top of that the paint is faded) It does however have adjustable koni's, poly bushes, new tie rods, ball joints, wheel bearings and springs)

But maybe someone can convince me to come :p.

Add me on facebook to see a couple of pics of my car. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=803940639
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Don't worry if your car isn't a GJOB special (Garage Jewelry Owning B'stard), we'll give you an award* for just getting there!

*Award will probably have something to do with Jaegermeister. ;)
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

Hi

I am meant to be going out to one shows there thats held in a big car park, cant remember what its called but we have been for the past few years and its been great, I am hoping this year will be different and I get to take my own car. :thumleft:

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

FrankBelgium wrote: Do you think it will be a problem to get the car up and off the club stand?

Cheers,

Frank

its not actually a stand, you just park on the grass, each club has a 'stand', thats just their allocated grass space....
FrankBelgium

Post by FrankBelgium »

Ok so I can leave whenever I want, let me know guys when I can buy the entrance tickets!
It does however have adjustable koni's, poly bushes, new tie rods, ball joints, wheel bearings and springs

So you have all you need to make the trip to Engeland! :D
I'll check the forum, but it is as you said, a little dead ... Are MR2 so unpopular in Belgium?
I'll do my best to make the trip to the Antwerp harbor, but is a little busy at home for the moment(first time daddy by the end of July...).
BIGBOBO

Post by BIGBOBO »

FrankBelgium wrote:
So you have all you need to make the trip to Engeland! :D

Problem is I already got 5 weeks of from work during july and august. No idea if I can squeeze in another long weekend, there's going to be some serious backlog waiting for me.

+ Money will probalby be tight after my 5 week vacation. :?

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”