[Mk2] [Generic] Front bumper question

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Phill P

[Mk2] [Generic] Front bumper question

Post by Phill P »

Thinking about bodywork soon and I was liking the idea of losing the front foglights with maybe the base model mr2,is it the fe bumper as it would have the grill all the way across with no foglight holes?,saw a few of these for sale on ebay a while ago for not too much money.

The other idea is to remove the fogs on my bumper and trim away (and fill were needed) the central grill/supprts,thing is will that make the lower lip a bit floppy,planning on getting an Aeroware front lip so will probably be a fibreglass copy so that may stiffen things up.

The plan then is to relocate the number plate in the hole left,probably offset with a 13x6 plate as I have now.

Bit like this but numberplate set further back if I lose the central bar/grill although not sure what plod would think although it would be very visable from the straight ahead http://www.flickr.com/photos/tamr2/4676553549/

Any thoughts on this,or has anybody done it,pics if you have

cheers Paul :thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar

Return to “Modifications”