[Mk2] [Turbo] a/c gas

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2targa

[Mk2] [Turbo] a/c gas

Post by mr2targa »

i am looking to re gas my a/c system does any one know what type of gas would be orignaly fitted asif i use the most upto date gas it can effect the seals if it has the old style gas?
mr2targa

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] a/c gas

Post by mr2targa »

any one? :pray:
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

rev2 is old gas r12 i think
rev 3 on is newer gas r14

it usually have a sticker on the raintray

or take it to kwikfit , they check it from you free :mrgreen: i believe the connector is different on older gas
Phill P

Post by Phill P »

Mine is also a rev2 aka 92 and I've thought about getting it regassed but was aware that the stuff had been banned,however

Ive heard RS24 can be used as direct replacement, and is CFC ok, anyone tried it

http://www.bee-cool-aircon.co.uk/questions.html

My car is an import, or was made before 1994, and has R12 refrigerant. Can this be re-gassed, or ‘retrofitted’?

We are also able to ‘Retro-fit’ older vehicles carrying the now banned R12 refrigerant. This was fitted to vehicles prior to 1994. We can use an industry accepted replacement gas called RS24. This gas, although expensive, will avoid the need to replace all the major mechanical components of the system, and will prove to be almost identical to the now banned R12

Also found this http://www.subzeroac.co.uk/

might ask around for this stuff instead. at least this could be used to test my system to see if it works (I can hope)

Hope this helps Paul :thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar

Return to “Mechanical”