mmm Replicas

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nikaiyo

mmm Replicas

Post by nikaiyo »

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2787758.htm

I am not trying to stir the whole regular replica mass debate, but I kind of like that one. What do you recon?
jasongtr

Re: mmm Replicas

Post by jasongtr »

love the Dino, not into replicas but that could tempt if i was, needs to have the right engine a std na would be naff, and a turbo would be awful, needs a V6
asdrewq

Post by asdrewq »

I dislike the whole fake Ferrari scene, but as a shape that looks very nice. Not far off the price of a real Dino though!
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

asdrewq wrote:I dislike the whole fake Ferrari scene, but as a shape that looks very nice. Not far off the price of a real Dino though!

:-k

i think you will find they are around £100k
asdrewq

Post by asdrewq »

Sorry I was thinking of the later Dino.
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

jasongtr wrote:love the Dino, not into replicas but that could tempt if i was, needs to have the right engine a std na would be naff, and a turbo would be awful, needs a V6

Yeah no question a V6 would be the only way to go, imagine a Dino driving along on and hearing the dump valve dumping... stoooopid
lemonyfresh

Post by lemonyfresh »

Hey! I didn't even start this one! :D

My 2 cents is that an MR2 is an MR2 and sticking faux Ferrari panels onto it just cheapens and insults the work of the designers and engineers that originally brought the marque into being.

If you want a Ferrari go buy one - if you can't afford it SAVE!

Just don't ruin any more MR2s #-o - the "Chavs" seem to be doing a good enough job of that already! :roll:
blacker than the blackest black, TIMES INFINITY!
Mike N

replica

Post by Mike N »

The problem is that the MR2 (especially turbo versions) is such a brilliant doner vehicle!

Thats why I made one of mine into a mid engined Ford RS200 replica.

http://www.banham200.co.uk/gallery/inde ... e%2FMR200S&

CheeRS
Mike

Edit - I dont like the normal bolt on ferrari kits either, but the Dino looks good.
Last edited by Mike N on Fri May 06, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

Im not a fan or replica ferrari ones either but the Dino and the RS200 above are both nice and well done i like them!

In a way i think its just the ferrari kit i dont like as every other ferrari i see is actually just an mr2!
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

oh yes, love the RS200
Phill P

Post by Phill P »

Love that RS200,and to be fair it seemed like a bit of a ford kit car when it was made and you see so few on the road it would be a pleasure to spot real or not.

Can't say I like the ferrari, I don't dislike some of them (the better lambos do look good but that one looks somehow wrong :?

:thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
Moo

Post by Moo »

Loving the RS200 :thumleft:

The Dino looks nice but not something I'd go for personally. I'm on the fence when it comes to replica bodykits, some look ok and others look completely gash.

In the case of the above Dino, although it's a nice looking car, I personally wouldn't want to take the looks of my car back 30 odd years or whatever it is. Chrome bumpers, etc is a bit too retro for my tastes.
Last edited by Moo on Fri May 06, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steve

Post by steve »

i like at RS200 replica :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”