[Mk2] [Turbo] When braking, right indicator lights up a little bit

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dellams

[Mk2] [Turbo] When braking, right indicator lights up a little bit

Post by dellams »

And when right indicating, the back does now work and the front blinks quicker than normal. But this only seems to happen when I have the lights on.

My mate said it looked like by back right break light was out, so I guess that is what is causing all of the other odd symptoms?

I wasn't sure if it was a loose wiring problem or just a bulb that needs replacing or something?

Cheers. :thumleft:
Rev3 TURBO TBAR running aprox 280bhp @ 1bar (320bhp after re-map soon...)
dellams

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] When braking, right indicator lights up a little bit

Post by dellams »

This may be related to this problem but now it seems either the battery is faulty or possibly the alternator since I noticed the other day the headlights started dimming a bit then were fine.

But yesterday the fob didnt disarm the car so had to open it manually then alarm went off and used stick thing to disarm it. Also noticed clock had lost the time.

Then when driving home the stereo didnt come on and winder wipes were very slow and so were electric windows as if it had very little power left, I was lucky to make it home really!

Had the same problem in the past on previous 2's when my alternator had gone.

Was wondering if it could be the dodgey earth draining power from the bat somehow?

The strange thing is the previous problem with the indicator not working and indicator lighting up when braking wasn't occurring when driving home!

Or could it be some other electrical problem? Some loose connection or dodgey wiring somewhere?
Rev3 TURBO TBAR running aprox 280bhp @ 1bar (320bhp after re-map soon...)

Return to “Electrical”