[All] [Turbo] Datalogit & Hand Commander Query...

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

BigRich

[All] [Turbo] Datalogit & Hand Commander Query...

Post by BigRich »

Hi Peeps
Was wondering if any of our resident Datalogit users could answer the following for me:
Can you bench test the Datalogit & Hand Commander off the car? If so how do you go about doing it - is it simply a case of connecting to the ole laptop without the pfc attached?
Also is there a preference of serial over usb? Some threads on the net seem to indicate serial is preffered??
Ta
Rich
JJ

Re: [All] [Turbo] Datalogit & Hand Commander Query...

Post by JJ »

As far as I can see... the dataloggit needs to be coupled up to the PFC in the car with the ignition on as a minimal. This will alllow the interface to work.. laptop wont communicate with it without the PFC having power.

Commander, just needs plugging into the PFC or at the dataloggic end > should light up and function.

If in doubt, you can chuck it in the post, I'll test it on mine for reassurance. ( I understand theres a degree of trust required for that ) Or alternatively, find a mapping session thats going on.. and pop along, I'm sure you can befriend someone that'll plug it in.

:thumleft:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

serial work on real port
usb usually emulate a virtual port

serial will alway work

usb may encounter problem depend on os,

problem will serial port is most new laptop dont have serial any more
BigRich

Post by BigRich »

Gents
Cheers for the replies - most appreciated :thumleft:
JJ, I'm a man of trust myself and wouldn't doubt you as an honest member :)
SFLee, Ta for info. - I'm quite keen on retaining the serial which brings on my next question:
Is there a minimum spec of laptop required to run a datalogit? Would prefer to pickup a compact, cheapish unit I could use so any info. on specs a screen size would be appreciated :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ta
Rich
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

BigRich wrote:Gents
Cheers for the replies - most appreciated :thumleft:
JJ, I'm a man of trust myself and wouldn't doubt you as an honest member :)
SFLee, Ta for info. - I'm quite keen on retaining the serial which brings on my next question:
Is there a minimum spec of laptop required to run a datalogit? Would prefer to pickup a compact, cheapish unit I could use so any info. on specs a screen size would be appreciated :thumleft: :thumleft:
Ta
Rich

I wouldn't worry too much about laptop spec. I run mine using this 10 year old dinosaur:

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/fujitsu ... 89509.html

I am using the usb adaptor. There are occasional connection issues but mainly it works just fine :thumleft:

Return to “Modifications”