Toyota Dealership

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR22

Toyota Dealership

Post by MR22 »

Went to my local dealer for a price for an exhaust system for my Rev2 N/A.
These are the takeaway prices - NOT fitted.

Front Downpipe - £255.34
Cat - £650.70
Rear Box - £519.77
Lambda Gasket - £ 11.81
Crush Rings - £7.34

TOTAL - £1444.96 (23/03/2011) :(

There's nothing I can add to that !
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: Toyota Dealership

Post by Charged »

You'll get a good second hand one for between £20 and £75
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Think they may have seen you coming, those prices are nothing like the prices listed on the parts catalogue!!
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
MR22

Post by MR22 »

Hi Toxo.
So how much is a rear box etc listed at in your catalogue?
Thanks.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

I'll check as I may be remembering them wrong - the last one I quoted for was a 3S-FE. Toyota are always expensive for CATs but the rest of it should be relatively cheap.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

toxo wrote:but the rest of it should be relatively cheap.

I was quoted over £500 for a backbox.
Luckily I didn't need one, I only asked them out of curiosity as I'd just bought a new Mongoose 8)
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Main Dealers are a disgrace to the badge

I wanted a top end gasket kit for a 1992 rev2 turbo, oil pump, water pump and a load of other stuff, one garage said we cant help you without vin number or reg that's a load of boll8x, the next garage the lad didn't know how to find parts on epc (yes he was a parts man) he had to get his manager to find them who was a complete ar$e made me feel like i was putting him out

I don't know of one good dealer in the north east of England
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

My local ones not too bad, but I once phoned up and asked how much for a brand new rev 3 3SGTE engine the parts guy reckoned there was no chance of getting one but if he could it'd be approx 6 grand! [-(
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Razor04 wrote:My local ones not too bad, but I once phoned up and asked how much for a brand new rev 3 3SGTE engine the parts guy reckoned there was no chance of getting one but if he could it'd be approx 6 grand! [-(

Complete bottom end is around £2500 IIRC.
MR22

Post by MR22 »

Re my opening post, I 'phoned another 2 Main Dealers and they gave me identical prices, so those listed are currently accurate!
I'm told that Hyundai are even worse - They attract you with a relatively inexpensive car but spares part prices are a nightmare.
Oh well !
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

Dealers are hit and miss with the service I've found there'ye usually crap in rochdale and stockport

prices are always steep apart from the £1100 quote I got for a rev 5 block in december which I thought was reasonable

I found Honda to be twice as good and then some, for my dc2 which is a rarer car parts were cheaper and the service was much much better
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

I just spent £595 at the main dealer still a xxxx load more stuff i need

he wasn't going to give me any discount [-X
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Leakie Tbar wrote:I just spent £595 at the main dealer still a xxxx load more stuff i need

Some people clearly don't have business heads!!
Moo

Post by Moo »

Agree that main dealers are horribly over priced but just to say the dealers I use, Turners Toyota in Bury St Edmunds, are very clued up in the parts department, have always sourced the bits I need and always give me a discount if I ask. They aren't all bad!
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

toxo wrote:
Leakie Tbar wrote:I just spent £595 at the main dealer still a xxxx load more stuff i need

Some people clearly don't have business heads!!

went back in today priced up another outrageous list honestly these guys have no idea what customer service is I wish i could tell them to stick it up there ar$e still no discount going to have a word with the manager next time

we should try and get a feedback list of which Toyota dealers we can use and which ones to avoid
planted1

Post by planted1 »

I spent about £300 with mrt in paignton,
he couldnt give any discount,but,he gave me 5 litres of for life and 5 litres of oil free.
Their prices were what you would expect,but they were curteous and helpfull,and the mechanics were interested as they came out of the bay to have a look around.

I spose its all down to the quality of staff at individual places really.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yeah my usual parts manager has just moved to another branch so my orders will be going with him!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”