Car Search - MR2 SC -

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Speedy

Re: Car Search - MR2 SC -

Post by Speedy »

Oh, and I quite liked the door popping thing, always worked ok for me :tongue: - you just had to get used to the timing, then you could look super-cool popping the door just as you get to the car :+:
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

/Vulture :oops:

The ledas are now on Another special one though
Geckz

Post by Geckz »

well thanks for the history guys - pretty amazing what happened to her really.

Glad to see that everyone is keping up my tradition of 'drive like you stole it'

When I imported her originally the only mods were slightly lower springs and the lovely tom's toyota alloys, which seem to have gone missing along the way!

I then had a later ZE engine fitted (with oversized pulley and water injection) by fensport. This blew up 3 days after fitting at a track day somewhere in norfolk. It had no oil in it...

They then fitted a second engine - which worked fine. I also think the water injection did absolutely nothing - so someone made a good sale there!

At the same time I had the car resprayed (same colour) and the doors dehandled. Which I loved!

Looking at the back of the car I notice the TRD 'sticker' is still over the boot lock. I never had the lock removed. so if you wanted ease of access...

If any of you guys who owned the car wondered what happened to the front right quarter - this was the only part of the car that got damaged. A full grown stag jumped out at me whilst I was doing 70 down some country lanes.

I've never seen something explode before...

The only damage to the car was a mashed pop up light and a repaired right hand wing!

Oh and I'd love to show you guys what I went onto - but I still cannot post urls :evil:
Geckz

Post by Geckz »

mrfil13

Post by mrfil13 »

Excellent write up.

Those Toms alloys in the first pics look stunning.
Gad
Location: Castle Donington, home of fast cars and strange festivals...

Post by Gad »

Ah, Tom's Sprit C3-Rs if I recall, I really fancy a set for mine but they don't come up often!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”