Boost Controller Moving Advice

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dgibson2004

Boost Controller Moving Advice

Post by dgibson2004 »

Hi

The boost controller in my Mk2 Turbo is currently located in the centre console, I would like to move this to thr front of the car so I can see it and have adjust while driving if needed.

The pipe/tubing to the boost controller is teed into my boost guage behind the passenger seat so most of the hard work in moving is done. I would need to extend the pipe from the tee peice to the boost controller once its fitted in the fron just below the stereo, my question is do I need to buy a specific type of piping/tubing to run from the tee peice to the back of the boost controller?

Also is the best way to run the pipe/tubing under the centre console by the gear shifter?

Thanks

Dom
RST

Re: Boost Controller Moving Advice

Post by RST »

Can't help you on the most practical route (location you have now sounds OK as it is to me loL) but a trip to halfrauds should see you with a quick/easy piping fix for your tubing. Otherwise you can buy that sort of shizzle from lots of on-line places like this folk...

www.cbsonline.co.uk

(they're the folk I use for allot of stuff anyway)
ForMySin

Post by ForMySin »

i ran mine in down the centre past the gear shifter and into the main media console from under the ashtray. plenty of space to run loads of pipes/cables along that route :)
If you are in full control you aren't driving fast enough- Stirling Moss
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

mine is fitted where the clock used to be :thumleft:

dgibson2004

Post by dgibson2004 »

Thanks advice.

Tarmac liking the boost controller in the clock display was it easy to fit in there?

Thanks

Dom
tarmac terrorist

Ye wasnt bad at all to fit. first thing is get your clock out lay that on something paper or card & draw round the outer to give you an outer template of the shape of the clock hole then cut the hole out the middle for the boost control.then what I done was transferred that to plastic once it all fitted up a covered it in a felt foam stuff we us from our Toyota rattle kit at work .run all the wiring & pluming through then just slid back in job done :thumleft:
Rev5_GTS_Nick

Post by Rev5_GTS_Nick »

Great minds Tarmac, I've got the same Controller in the clockspace too. Quite discrete there. :clap:
tarmac terrorist

Must be something in the name nick great minds & great name :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”