EFI Relay - Immobilising

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ulysess1966

EFI Relay - Immobilising

Post by ulysess1966 »

Quick question.

I've pretty much got my alarm fitted, but I'm now looking for a circuit to immobilise. The alarm booklet suggests the starter, but that still means the car can be push started. I'm thinking of the EFI relay as this would be easy to wire to my alarm (the alarm can switch the earth to the relay on and off).

Is this sensible? It seems okay, but can I do any damage :)

All the best

Glenn
mulaz

Re: EFI Relay - Immobilising

Post by mulaz »

Check out this post from last year http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... ight=alarm
i fitted a alarm and used the info to disable the engine, pity the car was written off months later, i have to do the same again on my new mr2
ligertigon

Re: EFI Relay - Immobilising

Post by ligertigon »

The fuel pump wires are under and to the fore of the gearstick, (the only wires there IIRC) There is also a positive nearby for the radio. Not to mention somewhere to put your LED.

Properly solder any connections rather than crimp or splice. Not funny dying on the fastlane of a motorway :lol:
ulysess1966

Alarm

Post by ulysess1966 »

Thanks for the help guys.

I think I'll use the engine main relay as a cut-off, looks to be the simplest approach connecting to the wire under the seat.

Glenn

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”