Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] help needed restoring a tubby

Post by swaggansway »

think ya right on that one m8 :thumleft:

dnt make fek all difference when they weigh 2ton lol

wonder what's on my frontier?
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

swaggansway wrote:shmed... I didn't do that to that poor ct26...I found it on a another forum! thought it was funny ass...

You've seen my old CT-26?

Here's a pic....

Don't know if that adds any weight to the ceramic shaft case?
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

ok so my new block came today....thank u lewis :thumleft:

while waiting I got upto a little mischief :lol:

the block is now stripped and ready for a hot acid bath and a quick facing... then its in with the wossners, n shim up that sexy head I got from lewis
:thumleft:

unfortunately the turbo may need some attention. I hope to, ahem well ragg the living daylights out of it round snetterton soon so I must be sure its a1

was gonna paint my calipers datona yellow today but the car was sweating so bad with the extreme weather change it wad not possible.

so the rad went on with a new fan wired in series to the one I didn't smash to bits. bleeding snow(that's my excuse n I am sticking 2 it :lol:)
swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

balls.....nothing is good today!
swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

am stuck solid now as need yet another block!

](*,)

can anyone step up here?
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

:roll:
Last edited by Lewis Jay on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

swaggansway wrote:am stuck solid now as need yet another block!

](*,)

can anyone step up here?

Co`s you went and bought 86mm before getting the blocks checked. ](*,)

Just a warning to everyone, dont help this guy.

He is ungrateful and doesnt pay.
ForMySin

Post by ForMySin »

Last edited by ForMySin on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are in full control you aren't driving fast enough- Stirling Moss
swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

ahem lies...

I always pay for genuine products

get your facts right

nothing I received was as asked for....I have payed 150 pounds so far for:

have a look here, there are other posts but this will give the gist
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=146166

a block that is useless the bores are ruined
that dark patch is a hole 1mm deep... yes on pot3 :roll:
it is full of rust and hanning with dirt, the face is badly pitted and needs 3mm off it

the crank is bent and the caps are in the wrong positions

I wanted a commetic metalhead gasket, I got a cheap flebay jobbie which had no holes to let water pass through the galleries.

I was linked to here...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACL-Race ... ccessories
I was told new though they are badly scored down to the copper and worst of all they are just the standard ones, not the race ones!

the head bolts are rusty...yes RUSTY

the piston rings look new, I will give him that, but wrongly fitted

" have a block which has been cleaned and honed, stock pistons, new rings and those ACL shells fitted.

A cylinder head which has been skimmmed and 8 valves ground and cut, will need shimming up though.

Any good?"

ok the cylinder head is faced but badly scrarched... it has 6 new valves inlet...in it and all the rest look like they have never been out! the machine shop man said he suspects they were bent (strange for a non interference engine) and showed me the damage to the valve guides! the head is unusable!

I can go on and on... copying and pasting my pm's and texts etc ...I will post pix to substantiate my case tho!

lewis I put it to you sir that you, indeed owe me money!
you should be ashamed of yourself, after all you are a professional with your own company "lcjautorepairs"

you have 7 days to remove your parts from my property, after that I will weigh it in! its up to you to give money back, but I don't realy care because I have bigger fish to fry.

I was not here when you called because I was with my barraster sorting out bigger problems. if you threaten myself of my family ever again it will be him you stand tall in front of!

you can email me to arange pickup... any other form of contact will be considered a breach of my conditions and you will be reported and delt with accordingly.

if the moderator can pls remove all this rubbish shortly ad I don't want this ruining my project any more :thumleft:

Your honour, I rest my case :pale:
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

lol

I am not getting into a slanging match with you mate, its was £100 not £150.

You have disappointed me and other members on this forum.

Do what you want with the parts, 6you have probably damaged them intentionally so I dont want them back!
swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

billy bullsh1t
Last edited by swaggansway on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

swaggansway wrote:150 including freight... I have a case u r liable!

I have defaulted you and have clawed back my payment
:?:

I am mechanic, dont understand big words and complicated sentences.....................
ashley

Post by ashley »

Lewis Jay wrote:lol

I am not getting into a slanging match with you mate, its was £100 not £150.

You have disappointed me and other members on this forum.

Do what you want with the parts, 6you have probably damaged them intentionally so I dont want them back!

Hey Lew

Did the bores actually look like that when you sent the block out?

swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

yes they did... but of caws he will deny it!
or maybe the lorry driver did it lol

its just not fair....I waited over a week and got this... I need to work but can't because my car still doesn't go
ashley

Post by ashley »

meh....if it was me I would've gotten a cheap runaraound if it was stopping me be able to work, not looking to spend loads getting a shed back on it's feet....but that's me I guess (no offense intended btw- just my opinion)

very surprised if Lew did send you the block in that condition given his description of it on your 'wanted' thread- he's been helping a lot of folk on here for a long time, and from what I've seen is acknowledged to be a genuine and very helpful bloke...doesn't make sense and hence my question to him :?

Hate to see arguments like this on here, undermines the trust that generally makes this site such a good place to be :(
swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

I have had many pm's from caring fellow imocers, but I feel I must post this one as it is, well in a way what being in a motor club is all about

www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
Inbox :: Message
To: swaggansway (Online)
Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:19 pm
Subject: the guy is a knob
Hi

I have read both threads and feel for you, that Lewis guy has totally screwed you over. If that engine he sold you is meant to be good by his standards i would hate to see one that he thought was knackered. LOL

Why do other MR2 users wanna rip people off? I have never known a car community like this one to be 100% honest. There are a few good ones about but most you wouldn't p1$$ on if they were on fire. Lewis now joins the ever increasing list of tossers LOL

Hope you get your engine sorted soon

eries: 30
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

Go back to page 4 on this thread and there are pics of the original block you stripped that look very similar to the one you are saying lewis sent you??
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

ash man...you are right about car, but I shouldn't have to buy some bag of bolts to run about in. I work all over the uk as am a chef agent like I clock up many miles and the fule goes on expences....hence the car project. I am needed back in colchester right now but i am the kinda person of whom will not walk way from a project once started!

I know he has good rep, I did my homework before buying off him... but I also now know that he is a bare face lyer as i checked the engine number, found the reg of car it came from (my bro is a copper) and found that it is nor regeztered to him so he has a lot of explaining to do there. we aint gonna follow it up tho caws i juzt wanna move on now!

i sold that shonkey old turbo that was on it already, along with mine to a very reputable turbo refirb company.... I got a ton! I have been offered 50 fir the block by someone who wants it for a coffee table and the he'd will be weighed in with all my other engine bits n bobs from over the years....hell there must be 2 ton here!

the copper rad is worth a tenner for scrap and I have like a dozen cats to fLog and they are worth a score each.......

so watch this space:............. kick me down, I will get straight back up again! \:D/
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

What have scrap values got to do with it?
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
swaggansway

Post by swaggansway »

bri..don't. worry I will photo them next to each other. when I get id back that is. I am a man of my word! can you see the engine code when it is.on palette?

why woodI lye. I have nothing to gain!

my block is cracked remember!

the evidence speaks for its self.

he took me for a.mug

I ain't a child u know...

don't think he realised that I to am a mechanic, but moved on because my hands r 2 big lol :thumleft:

I wood have been an aeronautical engineer if I had not had found beer and girls more interesting. now I am just a dad with a broken 2 :lol:

Return to “Mechanical”