Race technology Dash2

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dgibson2004

Race technology Dash2

Post by dgibson2004 »

Hi

I just picked up a Rev2 Turbo fully forged and running 400+ bhp, but has no gauges in it apart from after market boot gauge.

I was looking to buy oil pressure/temp, intake temp etc... but after doing some searching I found the Digi Dash2 from

http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

Question I have has anyone used/seen this and what are there views? Anyone recommend anything else apart from this dash?

I also have a Link G3 ecu so would this link in to the dash?

What are peoples views of this replacing the entire dash for a road going car?

Thanks

Dom
Rogue

Re: Race technology Dash2

Post by Rogue »

We use these (and indeed sell them) on a lot of our race cars. They're very, very good and they're road legal so you can replace your existing dashboard totally if you want to. We use them in conjunction with with the DL1 datalogger, which opens up a few more inputs along with things like GPS speed, but it's not essential.

I probably wouldn't bother with the ECU interface. It's a bit sketchy in that you have to fabricate a 9 pin D-Sub -> Can interface connector yourself, and the outputs are fairly limited. Most of what you need you'll find from the existing wiring and whatever external sensors you select.
dgibson2004

Post by dgibson2004 »

Thanks for the info.

Do you fit them too? If so would you know a rough ball park figure for supplying the Kit (with the DL1 datalogger) and fitting if you do that?, need to have a think about which sensors to go for.

Defiantley going to go for iol pressure/temp and water temp, any other suggestions as what to show?

I am looking to replace standard the dash with this. Would you suggest just having the DASH2 by itself or in conjunction with standar gauges like fuel gauge etc?

Thanks

Dom
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

We can program the dash2 to show fuel level, although we don't have this down to an exact science yet. The voltage goes from 0 - 5v to indicate level, but fully empty isn't 0v and any formula we've yet calculated to give a reading in litres has not been the most accurate!

The dash2 is easy to program though and I'd recommend downloading the software from Race Technology and having a play around with it.

Decide what you want and let me know for sure, then I'll price it up for you. We can offer a discounted price on some items if you're registered for the MR2 Super GT series - it might work out cheaper for you to do so...

Return to “Modifications”