How much is this worth?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Harold

How much is this worth?

Post by Harold »

Hello chaps,

I had James and his guys at 3s detach this from the car when it was in having the cambelt sorted. I'm to understand it's a wideband sensor/unit and loom, would like to sell it on as it's just taking up space in the shed but have no idea of it's worth, any ideas guys?

The loom had to be cut in places so it could be removed.

Cheers.
foxy-stoat

Re: How much is this worth?

Post by foxy-stoat »

Stick on ebay for £50 and go from there....

If you can find out the new price, take 60% off and try your luck. Never bought one, but if you didnt either, then anything will be a profit!

:thumleft:
We ALL make mistakes !!! :)
timlowthian

Post by timlowthian »

I had a quick google for you!

This appears to be your unit for some information for you:

http://wbo2.com/2a0/

It is however now not available as they have released there new version.
The New version sells for AU$459.00 which comes to about £285
TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Harold, just a FYI- the lambda sensor in the downpipe is a wideband which this was running and feeding the standard ECU. So unless you had James replace it with a standard narrow band sensor the car will currently be running without a lambda sensor...
RST

Post by RST »

Harold, a 10second search brought these up on tinternet from the details you had. You can gauge the value of it from there.

Make a distinction from what folk think it's worth i.e. "I'll offer you a tenner for it" and what it's actually worth and you have to make your own mind up what to put it up for assuming it works 100% and the loom is intact and not rotten / botched etc.
Harold

Post by Harold »

RST wrote:Harold, a 10second search brought these up on tinternet from the details you had. You can gauge the value of it from there.

Make a distinction from what folk think it's worth i.e. "I'll offer you a tenner for it" and what it's actually worth and you have to make your own mind up what to put it up for assuming it works 100% and the loom is intact and not rotten / botched etc.

I did do some googling prior to raising this thread, however I thought perhaps some members on here had knowledge of this product/wideband sensors and would be able to advise of it's approximate value. Apart from the manufacturers website I couldn't find a great deal of information.

Thank you for your advice gents, it is appreciated.

TheRoadWarrior wrote:Harold, just a FYI- the lambda sensor in the downpipe is a wideband which this was running and feeding the standard ECU. So unless you had James replace it with a standard narrow band sensor the car will currently be running without a lambda sensor...

Good to see you're still hanging around these parts buddy, don't worry the lambda was replaced, it's just not in one of the photos. How have you been enjoying your new Clio?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”