[Mk2] [Turbo] Whiteline ARB settings - What is best?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rory

[Mk2] [Turbo] Whiteline ARB settings - What is best?

Post by Rory »

My new Rev 3 Turbo has Tein S tech springs with Whiteline ARB front and rear. I also have 17s. The car is very stiff. I know from a previous owner that the arb are set to hard. I understand there are 3 settings. What effect does chaning the arb stiffness have on the drive? At the moment the rear end feels stiff and wet or dry is easy to get the back end out with a small amount of revs. While this is fun at low speed it isnt fun on a bend at 50mph :pale:

What settings do you other guys with Whitleine ARB have?
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Whiteline ARB settings - What is best?

Post by ashley »

It's all about the difference in stiffness between the front and rear. Stiffer at the front = understeer, stiffer at the rear = oversteer (and yes that is a massive generalisation).

The general consensus of opinion seems to be maximum stiffness at the rear, and the middle setting at the front, I did have both mine set to medium, but soon stiffened up the rear after a few laps, which made cornering far more rewarding, encouraging balancing the turn with throttle input....lots of fun.

In the wet it's worth backing the stiffness off a bit, making the handling more neutral, reducing the car's attempts to spin out.
Rory

Post by Rory »

Thanks for the info. I may check and adjust this weekend
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

I had mine set to softest front, medium rear. It still felt a bit over-stiff at the back TBH (yellow Bilsteins + stock springs all round).

Unfortunately I sold the car before I could experiment too much, but the new owner was happy with the handling I understand.

Return to “Modifications”