Member 'Clairemr2' banned from IMOC-UK

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Member 'Clairemr2' banned from IMOC-UK

Post by Scott Barton »

This member repeatedly allowed a previous banned member from using his/her account and as such has been banned from IMOC-UK. We have zero tolerance on these matters.

We are aware of some items that were being offered for sale by this member and if anyone needs to contact him/her to arrange delivery then the email to contact is:
[email protected]
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Poseidon

Re: Member 'Clairemr2' banned from IMOC-UK

Post by Poseidon »

:cry: Nooo!!! I was looking at buying the engine they had! I wondered where the sale thread went.
What did she do to warrant a ban?
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

Scott Barton wrote:This member repeatedly allowed a previous banned member from using his/her account and as such has been banned from IMOC-UK.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Poseidon wrote::cry: Nooo!!! I was looking at buying the engine they had! I wondered where the sale thread went.

Better off out of it, i am down £365 thanks to claire's other half, albeit a few years ago now... :evil:
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Martin F wrote:
Poseidon wrote::cry: Nooo!!! I was looking at buying the engine they had! I wondered where the sale thread went.

Better off out of it, i am down £365 thanks to claire's other half, albeit a few years ago now... :evil:

Indeed, the 'other half' sent me a wiring loom a few years ago and half the wires were sticking out the side of the box and it was left on my door step in the rain. Also I paid for an item which he claimed to have then conveniently lost. And then decided to post all over IMOC late at night accusing me of trying to scam him!! The only thng he did right was to refund me for the item which he 'lost', that was weeks/months later and only after a fair bit of chasing and detective work.

Not the sort of people we want on IMOC.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

i think it would help to have a collective list of people like this where all the id's of each banned member are listed together so people can see they are dealing with the same person
ryan

Post by ryan »

Who is this and the 'other half'? They have appeared on a forum I belong to. :? PM me if you dont want to reply in the thread.
Many thanks
Ryan
craig_mr2_mk1

Post by craig_mr2_mk1 »

Well I brought Ian's Rolling Shell & Cage & Collected it this weekend. I was made aware of ClaireMr2 being banned on Thursday, the day before I was due to travel the 350 miles too there house. I was worried I might have been scammed too but I E-mailed them and got a reply the following morning with a mobile number and the address confirmed as the one I already had. I got there and collected the car with no problems. I can confirm that the engine they had for sale definitely does exist as I had a look around it along with a few other bits he had for sale.
I know people have been ripped off by him but I all I will say is if you want the parts go to his house and pay cash on collection and make sure your happy with what your buying before you hand over any cash.

Craig.
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

i am currently buying some wheels off claire at the moment and she is very informative and helpfull and always gets back to me,
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

adam_ep82 wrote:i am currently buying some wheels off claire at the moment and she is very informative and helpfull and always gets back to me,

I'd be very careful if I was you.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
RST

Post by RST »

Indeed, the 'other half' sent me a wiring loom a few years ago and half the wires were sticking out the side of the box and it was left on my door step in the rain

...sounds about right for a second hand part on a car forum! Not everyones the same but I always used to tip a couple of quid extra quid for packaging and never got it back so i don't now. Worst I had was with a set of seat rails. One rail was just handed to me, the other was rattling round in the remains of the cardboard box that was left. A little more care and attantion required I think. Paid a tenner for postage as agreed when the stamp on the box said £2.

You should name this person going through "Claire" though! If "Claire" was curbing the rules then the likes of the majority have ho idea who she was trading with so we don't know who to look out for. Name and shame please!
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Name is Ian Worrall.
Other usernames he has used include:
Ian-Gts
bluemr2gts
mxrider
b-a-b-y-g-u-r-l
clairemr2

and the most recent one
mr2mk321

IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six

Return to “Club News and Announcements”