(PS3) Yet another useless update

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JohnnyC

Re: (PS3) Yet another useless update

Post by JohnnyC »

SamUK wrote:THey have definately said you dont need glasses so it sounds like the best option.

And h3rb, the TV you mention that shows 2 pics. Cant they also be used to display 2 pics at the same time. Eg the person on the right can watch TV whilst the person on the left can watch a DVD.

I believe it's similar to the satnav/dvd player that was shown (inside a Range Rover I think) on Top Gear.
But for showing 3D in the home, it's a terrible idea, having to sit in an exact spot so that different images are shown to positions just inches apart :thumbdown:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

platmatt8 wrote:Isn`t 3D shot with 2 different cameras side by side then on play back it shows each image i.e left and right view so may times a second. a normal flim is shot with 1 camera so im struggling to see how a dvd/tv could compensate for this?

The talk above of normal bluray players making 2D DVDs appear 3D on a 3D TV is pure fiction :mrgreen:

I did find this though:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VirtualFX-3D-TV ... 704&sr=8-4

You're right about the film originally being shot with 2 cameras, however, Clash of the Titans (in cinemas now) was shot as 2D. It then went through a relatively expensive process to turn it into 3D. The result is quite poor I'm told. I imagine all objects in the film are selected manually and given a depth on a computer, so objects have depth but remain flat. #-o
crostheman

Post by crostheman »

The new 3d tv's coming out can convert normal 2d into 3d. It makes it look like your looking into the picture. where as with a 3d coded disc playing it looks like its coming out of the screen. Something to do with the mount of information the tv has to process.

If you want a cheaper option for 3d I suggest this http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/14809659/ ... :Computers

Simon
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

JohnnyC wrote:
platmatt8 wrote:Isn`t 3D shot with 2 different cameras side by side then on play back it shows each image i.e left and right view so may times a second. a normal flim is shot with 1 camera so im struggling to see how a dvd/tv could compensate for this?

The talk above of normal bluray players making 2D DVDs appear 3D on a 3D TV is pure fiction :mrgreen:

I did find this though:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VirtualFX-3D-TV ... 704&sr=8-4

You're right about the film originally being shot with 2 cameras, however, Clash of the Titans (in cinemas now) was shot as 2D. It then went through a relatively expensive process to turn it into 3D. The result is quite poor I'm told. I imagine all objects in the film are selected manually and given a depth on a computer, so objects have depth but remain flat. #-o

Ha it`s funny you mentioned clash of the titans as someone at work was slagging the poor 3d today, that will explain why. Having not seen it 1st hand but have been to see other 3d flims and been impressed i now know the reason why :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

i hope it all fails miseribley..

i have had enough of not being able to go to the cinema now..

my local cineworld shows it in 2d for about a week the leaves the 3d on.. which is useless for me.. i cannot see 3d. :(

Return to “Games Consoles”