Battle field bad company 2

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

H3RB

Re: Battle field bad company 2

Post by H3RB »

sw20GTS wrote:anyone have any protips how to gain more points? I normally play Rush maps since I play alone :(

I play Recon when we are defending and Medic while attacking. Still sometimes if I am lucky I will get 5-6k but sometimes only 700-ish even though I've tried everything from supporting team, defending objectives, defusing/planting, killing off attackers/defenders near objectives...

I see some people consistently getting 3k and above.

i average about 2000 points a game on conquest its the best mode by far but that could be because its all i played on the battlefield series before it was renamed bad company.
i usually get about 20 kills and capture as many flags as i can which helps the points fly up. i got the game 2 days ago and now im a rank 10 which is pretty good saying it takes forever to rank up on it lol
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

H3RB wrote:
sw20GTS wrote:anyone have any protips how to gain more points? I normally play Rush maps since I play alone :(

I play Recon when we are defending and Medic while attacking. Still sometimes if I am lucky I will get 5-6k but sometimes only 700-ish even though I've tried everything from supporting team, defending objectives, defusing/planting, killing off attackers/defenders near objectives...

I see some people consistently getting 3k and above.

i average about 2000 points a game on conquest its the best mode by far but that could be because its all i played on the battlefield series before it was renamed bad company.
i usually get about 20 kills and capture as many flags as i can which helps the points fly up. i got the game 2 days ago and now im a rank 10 which is pretty good saying it takes forever to rank up on it lol

Hmm, I guess you play as assault then? Sometimes I get really good opponents who camps the flags and I just get killed running around solo :P

Will try more conquest maps though and try to capture flags. I really want to unlock more weapons :( rank 9 atm.
My personal website : http://www.jonathanchye.co.uk
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

yeah i play as assault but often switch between assault, recon and engineer.
i have all the assault rifles apart from the m16 but im only 3000 away from it, also have the first 4 smgs and first 3 snipers.
fave guns are the m416 with red dot and the front grip thingy and the scar with a red dot. they seem to work best.
i love the nade launcher also lol so much fun blowin windows out when u see an enemy crouch behind it lol.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

got 35000 points in 2 games tonight :shock: :shock: ive decided after playing the rush game mode.... it sucks. conquest is far better
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

H3RB wrote:yeah i play as assault but often switch between assault, recon and engineer.
i have all the assault rifles apart from the m16 but im only 3000 away from it, also have the first 4 smgs and first 3 snipers.
fave guns are the m416 with red dot and the front grip thingy and the scar with a red dot. they seem to work best.
i love the nade launcher also lol so much fun blowin windows out when u see an enemy crouch behind it lol.

lol I have the grenade launchers :( That and the Gustav!

Perhaps I've been playing the wrong game mode or class. I do support my team in Rush but as a sniper you are miles from the action so rarely get any points.

I will give assault and Conquest a try. Just curious, do you play on PC or console? 35k for two games = mental!!!

It's just that I've heard its easier to get points on console etc.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i play on ps3 but surely its the same? u get:
50points a kill
10 points an assist
80 points flag capture
50points flag cap assist
20points repairing
10points a headshot
gotta be about the same?
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

35,000 points cant be right, 3,500 more like.

Rush is great if you have a good team, if you have a bunch of snipers who are all trying to glitch themselves through a wall to try and snipe someone then its crap. I think they need to pull the Snipers motor strike ability. They also need to do something about bullet proof choppers.

I cant be bothered with conquest now, as people have got used to the choppers you tend to find an apache dominating the map and there is some chonic spawn camping that goes on.
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

Yes, the points sounds about right Herb.

But 35k for two games is just mental :D I'm just rank 10 almost 11 at the moment. I've unlocked most of the sniper guns now I'm starting with Assault. I'm halfway through medic as well but most teams I play don't know what team work is so playing medic kinna sucks. My squad will just head their own way leaving me exposed and without backup.

However, if I find myself in a good squad its pretty fun playing medic and assault or even close-ranged recon (C4 and Saiga ftw :P)

I got tired of playing sniper. Sure you get a lot of kills but its just boring... I don't seem to have much problems with Apaches since tons of people run around with Gustav and RPGs these days.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

Bored at work - 35,000 points would mean 700 kills. 350 kills per match, say 10 enemy players - would mean you killed each one 35 times in 1 game. even if you mix in assists, spots, partial captures etc your still not going to get close.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

It was 35000 I got 2 badges worth 10000 each then the rest was kills and flag caps.i currently have all assault unlocks all smg unlocks and nearly all the sniper kits. Im rank 15 now with 17 hours of play. And there is only 1 map on conquest with choppers at least there is on the ps3.
Olly P

Post by Olly P »

I'm OllyP for anyone who wants to add me :thumleft:
Azz

Post by Azz »

love the sniper drop!!! makes it that much harder to get the head shot
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

H3RB wrote:It was 35000 I got 2 badges worth 10000 each then the rest was kills and flag caps.i currently have all assault unlocks all smg unlocks and nearly all the sniper kits. Im rank 15 now with 17 hours of play. And there is only 1 map on conquest with choppers at least there is on the ps3.

I got a 5000 point badge once, I didn't know what was that for but I was running around capping bases/defending like crazy at that game.

Interested to know what the 10k badge is for lol.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

sw20GTS wrote:
H3RB wrote:It was 35000 I got 2 badges worth 10000 each then the rest was kills and flag caps.i currently have all assault unlocks all smg unlocks and nearly all the sniper kits. Im rank 15 now with 17 hours of play. And there is only 1 map on conquest with choppers at least there is on the ps3.

I got a 5000 point badge once, I didn't know what was that for but I was running around capping bases/defending like crazy at that game.

Interested to know what the 10k badge is for lol.

if you go on
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/ps3/H3RBSKI_

there is a run down off all stats, badges and achievements/trophies etc.
that page should link to my stats but you can create your own also
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

actually just checking my stats apparently ive called in 1600 mortors lmao i havent even played 1600 games and i only started sniping 2 days ago somethings not right there lol
sw20GTS

Post by sw20GTS »

H3RB wrote:actually just checking my stats apparently ive called in 1600 mortors lmao i havent even played 1600 games and i only started sniping 2 days ago somethings not right there lol

haxxxxxxxxxxx :D
CarBen Fibre Creations

Post by CarBen Fibre Creations »

Ive got this now BenC_UK if anyone wants a game :thumleft:
Dave Couzens

Post by Dave Couzens »

Bender Unit wrote:35,000 points cant be right, 3,500 more like.

Rush is great if you have a good team, if you have a bunch of snipers who are all trying to glitch themselves through a wall to try and snipe someone then its crap. I think they need to pull the Snipers motor strike ability. They also need to do something about bullet proof choppers.

I cant be bothered with conquest now, as people have got used to the choppers you tend to find an apache dominating the map and there is some chonic spawn camping that goes on.

This another dig at me sniping from 7.2 miles away? :D
Feisty

Post by Feisty »

BEST GAME EVER

I play this vanilla and vietnam :)

Return to “Games Consoles”