gran turismo

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

fizz

Re: gran turismo

Post by fizz »

whoo hoo finally found a mk2 all be it a beams 200 bhp even though its down as a g-limited! its in deep purple mica... more like cosmos blue...
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Where can you win the Veyron?
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

StevieL wrote:Where can you win the Veyron?

Think it was the last race in Pro class
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
lemonyfresh

Post by lemonyfresh »

Andy Jones wrote:
lemonyfresh wrote:Can we post up some pics of the MR2 (various models) in game please?
I've only seen one on a random forum someone sent me so far and im starting to get withdrawal symptoms :P

Any MR2 will do.... they're all good :thumleft:

Here ya go:

and

Notice the nice smooth wheel arch lines and round the front side light on the white one :) (the pics were 1080p but photobucket altered that)

Cheers matey :thumleft: - i wasnt expecting the model to be that great TBH as its a port from GT4, but apparently they will be constantly updating GT5 via DLC packs, so HOPEFULLY :pray: there will be a premium MR2 yet :D
( I still cant understand who would want to drive (or model!) a premium, perfectly detailed Megane..... A RENAULT MEGANE..... "yay" never seen one of those before..... :pale:)
blacker than the blackest black, TIMES INFINITY!
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Finally got a mk2 MR2 too 8)

A BEAMS G-Limited, complete with "Twin Cam 16 Turbo" written on the sides, and a turbo engine lid :roll:

^^^ That's what we get after 6 years development for one of Japans longest running production mid-engined sports car ^^^ :clap: #-o
Reechard

Post by Reechard »

Still trying to find an mr2, anyone got a spare one they can gift me?
fizz

Post by fizz »

JohnnyC wrote:Finally got a mk2 MR2 too 8)

A BEAMS G-Limited, complete with "Twin Cam 16 Turbo" written on the sides, and a turbo engine lid :roll:

^^^ That's what we get after 6 years development for one of Japans longest running production mid-engined sports car ^^^ :clap: #-o

To be honest i just bought mine and aint touched it yet but did notice a rev 4+ NA with a turbo lid when i was in a Jap race!

On a side note... whats the most obscure car your having fun with at the moment which has supprised you?

Cant remember the name just at the mo but mine is some old jap pre 1979 coupe tuned up to about 220bhp which is easy as hell to get side ways and maintain a drift. :thumleft:

Also does anyone have a Gallardo they can lend me for a day so i can complete the challange? More than happy to lend a car in return. My lime green Honda NSX LM road car tuned to 600 or so bhp is a beast! :lol:

What i have also found is if you gift a car to a mate, you then get the colour item for the car even though you gift the car back to your mate. So if anyone has any decent unique colours then please feel free so send them my way and i will send some back. :thumleft:
fizz

Post by fizz »

Taken from another forum.

Barry Scott;1522218 wrote:Came across this on Facebook earlier:

GT5 Take It To The Track on Facebook

If you play the flash games and then select 'grudges' against five people you get a free code to download this Jaguar XJ13 for free! :grin:

The facebook page is a bit of a pain and was very slow to load plus kept crashing on me but got the code in the end! +++
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Mk1 SC is a pretty quick car with a few minor mods on it :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Does anyone else find the TG test track just the worst track in the game?
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
fizz

Post by fizz »

It aint the best is it? :lol:

Did the 3rd special event race on there last night in some olf war jeep. on my second attempt i managed to win it with ease!

When i got to the first bend and the 2 jeeps in front started taking each other out i thought it would be a breeze to win and then soon realised that they were coming back to meet me at the cross junction! #-o

Still aint come better than 2nd in the elise challange yet although on that attempt i messed up the last corner otherwise i may have scraped it.

Just also completed the rally special event as the road one was a mission. I used to build up a good 2/3 seconds lead by the time i entered the SS5 and then messed up every time! Had a bit of luck with the cars i was up against on the last attempt and finally won!

The inter ICE one was way too easy.. there is no consitency in the difficulty on this game. I won with a 1min 40s time ahead of the 2nd place guy.

Apparently ive completed about 40% of the game already (i think its 40 but its higher than i thought regardless) and im surprised as it seems like im getting through this game a lot quicker than i did GT4. Anyone else think it doesnt seem as big as you thought it would be?

On level 20 for A spec and level 8 i think for B spec.

p.s) Who has a mk2 mr2 yet? Me and Andy are going to have a bash tonight fingers crossed with them. Anyone else up for it? Totally standard mk2 NA 200bhp.

Add my user id: fizzbitt if your up for it.
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

i've got a 750bhp gallardo I can lend. Add me 'Skywalkerson' 8)
fizz

Post by fizz »

Skywalker wrote:i've got a 750bhp gallardo I can lend. Add me 'Skywalkerson' 8)

Excellent.. will add you tonight mate. :thumleft:
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

I've put mine back in the box as it makes a better orniment than it does a game.

I'm quite far from happy with it **cries**

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Lauren wrote:Does anyone else find the TG test track just the worst track in the game?

to be fair it's a novelty not a proper track isn't it?

It's better than the Nascar ovals though but still only a figure 8

I'm loving the game, I've not played fifa or black ops since i got gt5. I think a lot of that is down to my g27 wheel though. It really makes it special and i don't think i could go back to using a pad now.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Yep, I know it's just an airfield, but I still don't like it, though to be fair I'm not all that interested in driving airfields for real.

I'm getting on well with my old Logitech Pro (designed for GT4), I'll bet it's even better with a G27. Am really enjoying the game though, now done all my licences, just a load more special events to finally crack.

I just love going round the Ring and have been enjoying the AMG special events, though frustratingly I seem to miss gold by 2 seconds everytime and I know I'd have to do it all night to get a gold. But, that's the nice thing about it, I just take my time really.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

mikee66 wrote:It's better than the Nascar ovals though but still only a figure 8

I'm loving the game, I've not played fifa or black ops since i got gt5. I think a lot of that is down to my g27 wheel though. It really makes it special and i don't think i could go back to using a pad now.

I'd started and was well into Fallout 3 but not been back on it since.

I think the Nascar inclusion was a complete waste of time and money and I'm still on the fence a little, it's flawed and I don't understand why it took so long (perhaps implementation of the Red Bull X1???) but damn is it addictive :lol:

@ Fizz, your corner cutting shenanegans unlocked a hidden special bonus after you logged off, I was given a gift card to pass on to you the next time you log-in ...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

As everyone seen the vid of the X1 you unlock for reaching level 40 (I think) :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYuh_Oxh1BQ
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

X1 :shock: :shock: :shock:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

anyone fancy getting together for a bit of racing on the Nurburgring tomorrow eve?
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

:thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”