gran turismo

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CM1GT

Re: gran turismo

Post by CM1GT »

arrived at the 24hr tescos in lovely beckton at 12.45am to be told its in the upstairs electronics department and thats closed from 12-6am

:evil:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Practising with GT5 Prologue last night and the prototype steering wheel stand (made by Tom) which is going to be modified today so it's all ready for when I come home tonight:

Yes, Indy insisted on being on my lap!
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

Lauren wrote:To be fair go on youtube and look for vids for it.

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKh1TdvEhrI

A "720p" stream in full screen mode on a 50" plasma doesnt really give you the detail i was looking for.

I was thinking of getting a table mate from ebay cheap as the iron board is abit big.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Lauren wrote:Practising with GT5 Prologue last night and the prototype steering wheel stand (made by Tom) which is going to be modified today so it's all ready for when I come home tonight:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 6257_n.jpg

Yes, Indy insisted on being on my lap!

That's a staged pic, you've not even got your feet on the pedals so no way were you driving! :tongue:
adam_ep82

Post by adam_ep82 »

played for 2 hours last night after a midnight collection from tesco, working till 8 today :( cant wait to get home!!
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

got my copy \:D/
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

StevieL wrote:got my copy \:D/

AOL. :+: :)

As for the pic, no I wasn't driving but I did have a warm up on GT5 Prologue last night to remind myself what it's all about. Quite enjoyed it.

Now just installing.
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Anyone found where you can buy paint from? :-k
irietuning

Post by irietuning »

I
StevieL wrote:Anyone found where you can buy paint from? :-k

Gt autos

Anyone figured where to buy brakes from
Irietuning whenever possible
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

The tuning section has brakes doesn't it?
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
bluesmoke

Post by bluesmoke »

Read a review saying you can't upgrade brakes! Seems bizarre!
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I'm a little disappointed really. It's no where near as polished as Forza.

I was hoping for a better game really. Hopefully i will be wrong.
steveaddy

gt5

Post by steveaddy »

Whats the verdict then guys? i havent had chance to get gt5 yet .have they got the mr2 on there?
steve
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: gt5

Post by Lauren »

steveaddy wrote:Whats the verdict then guys? i havent had chance to get gt5 yet .have they got the mr2 on there?
steve

Early days yet Steve, it's only been out 24hrs!

I've had around 3-4 hours on it last night. It does look very good.

Think the menus are way too slow to load.

Driving dynamics really are good, though you need a wheel to appreciate this IMO.

General game is like doing GT4 all over again really with some fun additions, but the basic game is the same with the usual Sunday Cup starting point.

AI seems to terrible like it's always been, though I've no idea if it improves as you progress to more competitive races. For example in the beginners section you tend to find the AI cars brake really early so it's a doddle just to drive round them.

I must admit all I've done is the B licence a fair few of the beginners races/championships and some of the special events. There's a whole load of other stuff to explore. I think the general consensus may well be that if you enjoyed previous gran turismos then you'll enjoy this one equally. I think it's going to take quite some time to get through it given how big the game is.

It does look very nice graphically.

And yes there are all flavours of MR2's in the game from the MK1 NA, SC, to MK2 NA, Turbo and of course MK3.
gavin hague

Post by gavin hague »

I want to go out and buy this now!!! :)
steveaddy

gt5

Post by steveaddy »

ok nice one lauren, i think ill go and get it then.just didnt want there to be just all race cars ,super cars etc on there glad they kept the older cars and the mr2`s on! \:D/
not sure about getting a steering wheel for it though all the ones ive ever had a go on havent been that good .
steveaddy

gt5

Post by steveaddy »

And GAVIN HAGUE get your money spent! and stop waiting for gt5 to be in the bargain bucket bin in asda! :D
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Thing is Steve, it's just so much better with a steering wheel as that's how the game is really designed to be used, though I understand there is expense involved in doing that.

I have my old Logitech Pro I bought when GT4 came out!

There are tons of standard road cars (all the cars from GT4 from what I can work out). Also something that was a bit bizarre was going round the TG test track in an ancient VW Camper Van whilst racing 11 other Camper Vans. Top speed I managed was 58mph! Karting is lots of fun too. Looking forward to trying the rallying and stuff. So much to do!
Nightfire

Post by Nightfire »

Can you race on the tg test track as normal and is it available on arcade mode :pray:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Nightfire wrote:Can you race on the tg test track as normal and is it available on arcade mode :pray:

AFAIK you can race on every track. The TG test track has a bit of a twist to it being a figure of eight(!). So there could be a bit of t-boning going on. I have done one race on the TG test track, though calling it a race with a 50's camper van might have been pushing it a bit far!

But yes you can race on every track, but I just haven't got far enough to explore racing with faster cars on the TG test track. I'm doing all the beginner races first before I move up to the next tier. I'm on level 7 currently.

There's also the special events to do and it's like a taster of all the different genres, one being the TG test track, karting being another, stuff around the Ring in a '54 300SL was quite cool and then of course there is the Nascar and Rallying with some advice from the legend himself Seb Loeb.

I've got tomorrow off work to play :) so I ought to make a bit more progress by then. I'm sure others are already miles ahead. Watch this space.

Return to “Games Consoles”