[Mk2] [Generic] Fuel cell, fuel guage?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

[Mk2] [Generic] Fuel cell, fuel guage?

Post by 37831999 »

Hi all, was looking at getting a fuel cell to put in the front of the car, but after looking on demon tweeks i noticed theres no gauges to tell you when there near empty?

Does anyone know if there is a gauge for a fuel cell?

Maybe an inline meter to tell you how much fuel has been flowed?
Norledge

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Fuel cell, fuel guage?

Post by Norledge »

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Fuel cell, fuel guage?

Post by 37831999 »

wicked i guess these run on the same wires ? just plug and play sort of thing?
Mike N

g

Post by Mike N »

There are many aftermarket fuel gauges and sender unit kits available.

Smiths
VDO
CAi
Race spec
etc etc

Look on any kit car/ rally car site, start with "rally design" in Hearne Bay / Whitstable Kent. They also sell fuel cells, fuel caps, correct hoses and so on. They are cheaper than all the rest too.

In my replica.....
I have an aftermarket in-tank sender that matches my VDO fuel level gauge, the original MR2 sender works an aftermarket gauge backwards ie when the gauge says empty the tank is actually full!
I used separate wiring for my aftermarket sender and gauge, and kept the original MR2 fuel low warning light on the dash as an extra precaution.

If you have the MR2 OE dash, why dont you use the original tank sender unit, it is only held in by screws. All you would have to do is drill a hole in your new fuel tank and pop the old sender in the hole. That would be far cheaper and easier to do.

Return to “Modifications”