[Mk2] [SC] speakers

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

davidf1

[Mk2] [SC] speakers

Post by davidf1 »

when changing your original speakers to another make,do you have to buy a set so they will match eachoth,or can you buy seperates,as i am hearing various stories.I am going with seperates as being the honest answer,as shops want you to buy the sets.What do you think
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: [Mk2] [SC] speakers

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Not sure I understand the question? You are asking if you can buy speakers seperately or in a matching set? Surely if you are replacing the standard speakers you will want them to be the same each side? Or do you mean buying subs and door speakers seperately or something?
davidf1

speakers

Post by davidf1 »

yes i mean for instance buying kenwood tweeters,then may be another make for doors,as i don`t seem to be able to find kenwoods that will fit.
davidf1

speakers

Post by davidf1 »

a shop wanted to sell me sxt 6.1c`s,because they go together or something like that(there matched).Will if i go for kenwood kfc-st30 tweeters and then another for the door woofers(help please),will it work,sound right.
mrfil13

Post by mrfil13 »

There wont be any issues having tweaters of one make and a woofer of another.

The only reason for matching them would be that if they are in a bundle like the coax speakers then they will be better matched.
davidf1

door speakers

Post by davidf1 »

i presume you mean component speakers in a bundle,that they will match eachother
mrfil13

Post by mrfil13 »

Sorry thats what i meant.. I had the component speakers, 10" sub, 600w jbl amp, sounded awesome.

Return to “ICE and Security”