Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: gran turismo

Post by Lauren »

MR John wrote:
To be fair learn to have a banter ;)

Iv'e played all the other GT's so i think that put's me in a better position than you ;) I'm an avid gamer so i think that put's me in a better position than you ;).

Grab your self a sense of humour and chill out,

:lol:

LOL! You seem to make a lot of assumptions don't you? How do you know I haven't played all previous versions to a significant extent?
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Marf

Post by Marf »

MR John

Post by MR John »

Lauren wrote:
MR John wrote:
To be fair learn to have a banter ;)

Iv'e played all the other GT's so i think that put's me in a better position than you ;) I'm an avid gamer so i think that put's me in a better position than you ;).

Grab your self a sense of humour and chill out,

:lol:

LOL! You seem to make a lot of assumptions don't you? How do you know I haven't played all previous versions to a significant extent?

I'm not assuming you havn't played them I'M telling you i have! your view's on a game would mean nothing to me :) Simple as so why should my view matter to you? Still,who take's everything serious if you read back the statment in the first place you'd see i was joking about but there's alway's one who take's what someone say's serious ;)

:) :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

MR John wrote:
I'm not assuming you havn't played them I'M telling you i have! your view's on a game would mean nothing to me :) Simple as so why should my view matter to you? Still,who take's everything serious if you read back the statment in the first place you'd see i was joking about but there's alway's one who take's what someone say's serious ;)

Well as you obviously know it all, I'll leave it to the experts like you. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
MR John

Post by MR John »

Lauren wrote:
MR John wrote:

Well as you obviously know it all, I'll leave it to the experts like you. :+:

Why thank you :mrgreen:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/10/ ... se-update/

We are sorry to say that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available on the previously announced release date of November 3rd, but the game will be released before Christmas.

My sources reckon the chances of us seeing it this side of Xmas is pretty close to zero :wink: #-o

Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Welcome to last week Johnny ;)
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

ekona wrote:Welcome to last week Johnny ;)

I know the news is old, but my sources are new 8-[
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

JohnnyC wrote:
ekona wrote:Welcome to last week Johnny ;)

I know the news is old, but my sources are new 8-[

Sources? Who are you, the daily mail??

What "sources"

Maybe big Steve that works in hmv lol
phipck

Post by phipck »

nah, big steve from hmv has already got it :wink:
fizz

Post by fizz »

I believe Johnny C is in the development industry and is connected to the Gaming industry as well. :whistle:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

fizz wrote:I believe Johnny C is in the development industry and is connected to the Gaming industry as well. :whistle:

Well how about he say that instead of being cryptic and saying "my sources tell me" and maybe also if he's so well connected tell us why it's delayed and what the problems are
Marf

Post by Marf »

AIUI some chumley managed to hack the firmware of the PS3 to allow it to play pirated games.

As a result Polyphony have had to recode the copy protection on the game so that this hack does not affect GT5, which delayed Polyphony getting the code to the mastering company who make the blu-rays.

As a result of missing their slot, they now have to wait for the mastering company to fit them back in.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

Marf wrote:AIUI some chumley managed to hack the firmware of the PS3 to allow it to play pirated games.

As a result Polyphony have had to recode the copy protection on the game so that this hack does not affect GT5, which delayed Polyphony getting the code to the mastering company who make the blu-rays.

As a result of missing their slot, they now have to wait for the mastering company to fit them back in.

fair enough.

With regards to Johnny's comments about not being out this year at all surely if thats the case Polyphony and then Sony will be commiting corporate hari kari by doing that?

My theory is they are holding it back because of black ops
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

mikee66 wrote:Maybe big Steve that works in hmv lol

Not big Steve no, it's little Paul. Spends most of his time round the back having a sly fag, but he's well connected :-$

Marf wrote:AIUI some chumley managed to hack the firmware of the PS3 to allow it to play pirated games.

That's probably partially true, having to use the new Sony libraries. Not aware of any game having copy protection code though, it's all done by the system.

I just heard they have a lot of bugs to fix and not enough time. Still, never stopped other people releasing stuff then just patching it later :mrgreen:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

MR John wrote:Why thank you :mrgreen:

The Eunuch personified :D
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

that just jibber jabber.....
the ps3 was hacked earlier this year but only for firmware version 3.41. the ps3 is now on firmware 3.50
the hack ONLY works on 3.41 and below.
MOH came out 2 months after the hack and required firmware 3.42 to be played (so that it couldnt be used on hacked systems)
MOH wasnt delayed in the slightest so im pretty sure GT5 has other reasons.....
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

JohnnyC wrote:
mikee66 wrote:Maybe big Steve that works in hmv lol

Not big Steve no, it's little Paul. Spends most of his time round the back having a sly fag, but he's well connected :-$

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

H3RB wrote:

that just jibber jabber.....
the ps3 was hacked earlier this year but only for firmware version 3.41. the ps3 is now on firmware 3.50
the hack ONLY works on 3.41 and below.
MOH came out 2 months after the hack and required firmware 3.42 to be played (so that it couldnt be used on hacked systems)
MOH wasnt delayed in the slightest so im pretty sure GT5 has other reasons.....

as i said i honestly think it's cos of Black Ops. In the current enviroment not a lot of folk can afford or justify spending £80 in a week on computer games and given the yearly hype for the Cod series i think sony has said "we'll release it next month so we sell more copies"
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Seems a reasonable answer Mikee, whats another month when its sooooooo late anyway

Return to “Games Consoles”