Shim bank?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gordy75

Shim bank?

Post by Gordy75 »

Hello, Im in need of help with the shims on my 4age, ive had a head rebuild and im just putting it all back together now and on quick inspection i will be needing to change some shims! Im actually a corolla owner and havent had much experience with valves and shims, what is the best way to go about changing them without the special shim tool?
Please help! :pray:
vashy

Re: Shim bank?

Post by vashy »

BarronMR has the shim bank at the moment. We'll see if he spots this thread.

Wow, word about the shim bank gets around then! Where did you hear about it, Gordy?

The best way of changing shims without the special tool is to get the shim bank because it has the tool in it 8)
. . 6 . 7 . 8
5 . . . . i . . 9
BarronMR

Post by BarronMR »

Spotted, just pop me a pm to sort the details out.

Cheers Luke

vashy wrote:BarronMR has the shim bank at the moment. We'll see if he spots this thread.

Wow, word about the shim bank gets around then! Where did you hear about it, Gordy?

The best way of changing shims without the special tool is to get the shim bank because it has the tool in it 8)
Gordy75

Post by Gordy75 »

PM msg sent! Word does get around and im surprised there arent any other groups set up for this situation!
I plan to own an mr2 in the near future so i like to browse forums to find out as much as possible before i buy a car (or just general knowledge) and Ive been through the site a few times as a guest! especially when theres a thread on a v8 mk1, awesome! The guy who looked after my c/head up at gloucester airport after it was rebuilt is a member on here, dont know his screen name but he told me about the shim bank side of things and also gave me some great advice so thank you very much to him!
This has been a big stress on my mind so I thank you in advance for helping! :thumleft:
Tiamat
IMOC Moderator

Post by Tiamat »

Barron, when you have finished with the shim bank, please let me know and I will put up an announcement that its held with you. Then when you pass it on, it can be updated and thus people know where it is :thumleft:
I am going to live forever, or die trying!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”