Gauging interest in my 4AGTE Project.

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mk1bexwa

Gauging interest in my 4AGTE Project.

Post by mk1bexwa »

Hi everyone,

As you may or may not know I have been rebuilding my 4age engine as a turbo project.

We have rebuilt the arches and have started painting the body, the wheels have also been resprayed. The engine is back together but just needs intercooler piping sorting and the exhaust sorting then just needs the sensors plugging in.

Open to offers on the whole car, not really sure what it's worth.

This is the write up of my project. http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/viewtop ... =49&t=5177

Long list of mods, if your interested contact me.

Regards,
Beckie.
Last edited by mk1bexwa on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
foxy-stoat

Re: Gauging interest in my 4AGTE Project.

Post by foxy-stoat »

Can you post up the link please, as the topic you stated is wrong.
We ALL make mistakes !!! :)
Ren0W

Post by Ren0W »

foxy-stoat

Post by foxy-stoat »

That topic is about an engine in a MK2, doesnt mention what engine or any pics of the car that is for sale and doesnt look like it has anything to do with the OP.

:-k
mk1bexwa

Post by mk1bexwa »

Hi sorry for the confusion.

I thought that I had copied it but hadn't got all of it I have changed my original post.

Hope that you can find it now.

Regards,
Beckie.
foxy-stoat

Post by foxy-stoat »

Thanks, looks like the shell is more work than I'd want to get involved with at the moment. You may get more interest if you put some sort of price your after.

Good luck.
mk1bexwa

Post by mk1bexwa »

Hi,

The bodywork has been done just needs painting now.

Like I posted on the project post I should be updating the pictures tonight.

Beckie.
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

So what have you actually done to the engine? Is it just a standard n/a with the exhaust manifold and turbo bolted to it or have you gone any further than that? What have you got on the engine management side? Is it still on the n/a compression ratio?

Not really interested in the whole car (already got a spare S/C taking up space) but if there's useful bits on the engine side of things I may be interested at the right price, it being local helps too!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Sorry to ask but why get all that way, spent a lot of money only to sell up when you are almost there?
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
mk1bexwa

Post by mk1bexwa »

kaiowas wrote:So what have you actually done to the engine? Is it just a standard n/a with the exhaust manifold and turbo bolted to it or have you gone any further than that? What have you got on the engine management side? Is it still on the n/a compression ratio?

Not really interested in the whole car (already got a spare S/C taking up space) but if there's useful bits on the engine side of things I may be interested at the right price, it being local helps too!

Basically yes it has got a turbo and manifold bolted on but it does have a decompression plate so it can run more than 7psi boost. We have taken off the map sensor and have got a mass air flow sensor in its place.
mk1bexwa

Post by mk1bexwa »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:Sorry to ask but why get all that way, spent a lot of money only to sell up when you are almost there?

Well to be honest I've lost interest abit as was hoping to have the car done for JAE but it still not quite there yet.

It hasn't cost too much so far, also we need money really and just wondered if anyone was interested in a project, if the car doesn't sell then I will either break it, which would be a shame, or will get it back together and moth ball it which would also be a shame.

I've had this car for two years and have loved it, I have been gutted that I can't drive it these past few months, but I will just have to see what happens. If I get a serious offer for the whole car then i will consider it.

Beckie.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”