[Mk2] [Turbo] wrecked gearbox

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bazza77

[Mk2] [Turbo] wrecked gearbox

Post by bazza77 »

hi there i need some help with my gearbox. Ive got a rev 2 turbo and the 2gear syncro has been crunching for sometime now. someone came and testdrove it tonight (im selling her :( ) and he came back with it stuck in second gear and the gear lever is really floppy. does this mean my box is wrecked? if so any ideas how much its gonna cost or where i can get one from. (its gotta be on a budget) any help would be great cheers
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] wrecked gearbox

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Happened to mine and turned out to be a clip had come loose to do with the gear selecor cables (or something like that??), I limped it upto my local garage in second and they sorted it there and then. Didnt really have a good look myself so cant tell you much more but it may be a cheaper job than you think.
Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ej2_sir

Post by ej2_sir »

Have you checked the gear shift linkages mate? Whip wheel off passenger rear and remove undertray. If you look up you should be able to see linkages and check bushes/see if you have movement
bazza77

Post by bazza77 »

thanks guys ive got a garage next door so il get them to check tomorrow just wanted some advise on the what the worst case scenario would be. just so gutted to have someone else break her as its been my pride and joy for 4 years :(
ej2_sir

Post by ej2_sir »

Does sound like linkages so at least should be a cheap fix!
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

£1.29 or something like that for the clip from toyota ive had 2 go on mine now.

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
bazza77

Post by bazza77 »

thanks for your help guys turns out to be a gear linage cable that has snapped so not too bad :)

Return to “Mechanical”