So who else is building a Super GT Car?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

swampy

So who else is building a Super GT Car?

Post by swampy »

SO WHO ELSE IS BUILDING A SUPER GT CAR????????

As it says really...havent really seen anyone else asking many specific questions regarding the series..

Is it just me on here who is getting ready for next year.?

Was going to get some end of season racing in but it has not happened.
Would be nice to do the winter series but as no super gt series obviously wont be racing.

If only gts could race in with the championship cars as a seperate class...
would be great to build a championship car too i suppose but time and cost on super gt car seem to be stopping that.
Rogue

Re: SO WHO ELSE IS BUILDING A SUPER GT CAR????????

Post by Rogue »

swampy wrote:Was going to get some end of season racing in but it has not happened.
Would be nice to do the winter series but as no super gt series obviously wont be racing.

Super GT cars can race in with the all-comers at Donington. I'm definitely doing the MR2 Championship races (I've teamed up with Anthony Day for this) but will probably also enter my Super GT car if it survives the Britcar 24hr race.

:thumleft:
swampy

Re: So who else is building a Super GT Car?

Post by swampy »

i think i would be a mobile chicane racing with bikesport cars and the like..

is a shame as i have a preference to endurance type races etc as apposed to 15min blasts and the length of the winter series races would of been right up my alley.

unless a championship car turns up for a couple of fat ones i will unfortunately have to wait for 2011.

any change to regs as yet Patrick?

Any more cars in the build yet?
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

I'm trying to build but funding issues are slowing me down. Still need the control coilovers and datalogger, fire extinguisher and cut offs and a set of 888s to be allowed out to play.

I do wish there were more suspension options, hell i'd even run std set up just to be able to get it out for the start of next year.

Bri
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

There are five or six cars currently in build that I know about, but interestingly enough I'm getting more and more enquiries from people outside of the MR2 community. I guess now that the MR2 is being seen more widely in club racing in the UK, more people are realising the potential in the combinations of chassis and engine that are available. I've even had a long conversation with another guy looking at using the SW20 chassis for rallying.

There won't be any significant changes to the regulations but a final version will be published in time for the Autosport show in January next year.

I will consider allowing an invitation class for MR2s that don't fully comply with the regulations, but this will be totally at my discretion and only if I believe that the car concerned is built to a lesser specification. The last thing I want is guys that have played by the rules being beaten by those who haven't!
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

I'd be keen on that invitation basis patrick, if anything just to see if i can stay on the same lap as everyone else. And get the rest of the parts as i can.

Once i have tyres i'll pm you with a grovelling request.

Bri
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”