[Mk2] [Generic] Interior Dome Light LED Replacement

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dave5526

[Mk2] [Generic] Interior Dome Light LED Replacement

Post by dave5526 »

One of the bulbs in my interior dome light has gone, so I'm looking at replacing with LED's. I did this on my previous '2 with some LED towers from ultraled's, IIRC they were BA9 233 type bulbs which fitted fine and were bright enough, but they don't seem to do them anymore, and none of the ones they do look like they would be very good as interior lights.

So I bought a couple of bulbs off ebay, but on delivery they are much bigger than the bulb holder - they are in fact BA9s bulbs, but Ultraleds lists BA9 and BA9s under the same category, and quite a few ebay listings have both BA9 and BA9s in thetitle so Ihad assumed they were the same - clearly not?

Can anyone shed any light on what all these letters and numbers mean? Is BA9/BA9s related to the pin positions rather than the size? And if so what size do I need? I know it's 9mm but is there a designation for this (the bulbs I bought are T4W whatever that means?).

I cant seem to find a guide anywhere on what all these terms mean.
blaster1

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Interior Dome Light LED Replacement

Post by blaster1 »

Hello I've replaced mine with 24 led dome lights in each of ebay in each side if u want I can help± fit them only live in telford or if u want any picts or info mine looks brill in there now so bright

Return to “Modifications”