StatusUnknown: Carib Blue Mr2 Build

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

eg-iain

Re: StatusUnknown: Carib Blue Mr2 Build

Post by eg-iain »

Lol my folks live is bearsden just off maryhill road....

Well alot more is loose now lol....

Basicly....on the way to my interview last afternoon driving in right lane a woman in middle lane drove in my lane cutting me off slammed on the brakes and went into her door slid along the car onto the grass and just missed a tree.

Cars bumper, fog light, indicator, front lip, passenger wing, pop light and cover, bonnet and some suspension arms all bu88ered .

Good thing is her insureance called within the hour or so offer me cash and to keep the car, also claiming for my neck thats in pain.
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

eg-iain wrote:Basicly....on the way to my interview last afternoon driving in right lane a woman in middle lane drove in my lane cutting me off slammed on the brakes and went into her door slid along the car onto the grass and just missed a tree.

Cars bumper, fog light, indicator, front lip, passenger wing, pop light and cover, bonnet and some suspension arms all bu88ered .

Good thing is her insureance called within the hour or so offer me cash and to keep the car, also claiming for my neck thats in pain.

Ouch....... :-s

Close call m8 (the 2 might have been no more 'tree' :shock: )
eg-iain

Post by eg-iain »

Yeah was feeling pretty lame intill i got the offer from insurance which cheered me up, off to hospital tonight to check my neck out, felt fine when i first got out but after it got worse
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

Ye it always hits you the day after, sometimes days later :?
hope it's nothing serious buddy :thumleft:
i feel for you & the 2 :(
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

ah jesus buddy that's rough one. Sounds like you'll get it back on the road though which is a good thing. You should claim for the interview you lost out on too :( Hope you got the ok at the hospital :thumleft:
eg-iain

Post by eg-iain »

Well it's all been paid out have to say Dimond Insurance have been fantasic to getting everything delt with for me!

Basicly been paid out for the car, get to keep it aswell and also got a pay out for my back and neck :)
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

rebuild time!
Kinsy

Post by Kinsy »

I just had the front end off probably the only caribbean blue '2 i've seen being broken ever.

However i've got a passenger wing if you want it. Got a tiny dent in the daftest of places, but you can have it for pennies. Got the bonnet too which is bent slightly downward on the drivers side, which is where i had my smash!
eg-iain

Post by eg-iain »

Lol hard to find blue ones i've found too!

I'm not sure thinking for the time being might be looking a bit ghetto/rat, going to use my tools to fix it.

Tools include:

Cable Ties
Drill
Hammer

:D.....oh and maybe some more stickers
eg-iain

Post by eg-iain »

Been a while since i've been on here :(

Bought a 200sx and since sold it aswell so back to the mr2 which is lying under a cover looking sorry for itself.

Think i'll prob just be selling it as a whole cant be bother breaking if for parts.

Either that or i try fix it up as it's not classed as a cat c or d or anything as no one has reviewed the damage and still has mot.
wadeski

Post by wadeski »

PM!
eg-iain

Post by eg-iain »

Well now thinking infact i might fix the car as i still have the money from insurance and i have enough for some awesome coilovers and i still have my works which now have tyres :D

Would be a shame to have to let it go as it's a nice car :). Got some plans which might not be to everyones taste.

I've got a roofrack with a thule faring on it which will be going on, that also with the works and slam the hell outa it, i would like it as low as will_bmx's or more maybe lower. I would defo like some bolt on arches but i dont think my wheels will be wide enough or have a low enough offset.

So anyway fingers crossed i can get "blue" back on the road
Kinsy

Post by Kinsy »

I've still got the wing if you need it, although as i said I seriously doubt itd survive a postage attempt!

Return to “Member Profiles”