Paint

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mk1bexwa

Paint

Post by mk1bexwa »

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can get some cheapish paint for my car? It needs a respray so need a fair amount.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Beckie.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: Paint

Post by Charged »

Who is doing the respray? The bodyshop you use would be the obvious choice (not being rude) to get the paint for you as they will get it at trade price.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
mk1bexwa

Post by mk1bexwa »

true but they add labour to it and VAT so it works out expensive. we doing the spraying as my other halfs cousin is a sprayer.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:Who is doing the respray? The bodyshop you use would be the obvious choice (not being rude) to get the paint for you as they will get it at trade price.

Just what I was thinking. The bodyshop I used got the paint far cheaper than I could...
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

mk1bexwa wrote:true but they add labour to it and VAT so it works out expensive. we doing the spraying as my other halfs cousin is a sprayer.

go to the bodyshp and pay them cash for the paint. Compare prices from two or three bodyshops so you know you are getting a good deal.

:thumleft:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

true but they add labour to it and VAT so it works out expensive. we doing the spraying as my other halfs cousin is a sprayer

Just go to a local paint supplier - there will probably be at least 2 in your area. Even ask someone in the trade where they get their paints from. Like you get motorfactors for car parts you get the same for car paints.

Retail is usually quite dear by the way! Depending on paint you may find they wont sell it to you - 2k requiring an air fed mask to be used, and cellulose being phased out etc.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”