JAE Sunday

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: JAE Sunday

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Will definately be assisting next year and hopefully bring an MR2 of some description! :lol: I think a meet and greet at the start of each day (say 10am when we were all sort of alive) and get all the cars organised would have been a good idea. I did notice a one or two park it and leave incidents. :lol:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Wet isn't the word, my coat is still drying out...

and my garage is full of wet gazebos - since it's raining today as well I can't dry them :?

Very disappointing, loads of people would've been put off going due to the weather. In the past I've been at Billing until 6 in the evening chatting with loads still going on, so to be done and dusted by effectively 2.30pm the show was hit hard IMHO.

T
vix

Post by vix »

Anna - a mica Blue oc is a good idea!!!

Lauren - hows the bruise??

As to the things being nicked - I went up to the tent on sat PM for a sly nap, while I was half asleep, I heard someone unzip my tent and I grabbed their arm, thinking it was Phil, to let him know I was alive etc ;) The arm was then withdrawn, so I thought it was Phil just checking up on me and not wanting to wake me fully. But Phil said he never came up to see me. Worrying isn't it??
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Very worrying!
T
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

vix wrote:Anna - a mica Blue oc is a good idea!!!

Lauren - hows the bruise??

As to the things being nicked - I went up to the tent on sat PM for a sly nap, while I was half asleep, I heard someone unzip my tent and I grabbed their arm, thinking it was Phil, to let him know I was alive etc ;) The arm was then withdrawn, so I thought it was Phil just checking up on me and not wanting to wake me fully. But Phil said he never came up to see me. Worrying isn't it??

Hi Vix,

I still have a pretty good imprint of the footbal on my arm! :shock: It is bruised, but unless i poke it its no problem...

I still think it was well worth it if it helped the team... plus was a lot of fun.

that is a worrying scenario..

Hopefully next year we can camp a bit closer to our cars as this tends to stop this kind of thing happening because there is always someone around.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Well I had a good weekend :D Other than r lass burning herself I felt everything was ok. I think the weather was the main damper, not organising. If it was red hot all weekend would of been great :mrgreen: Nice to of met a few of you. Hopefully see you all again. Does any one want a 8psi conversion kit 8-[ Complete kit includes hose pipe into inlet, and mouth piece for good pressure :eye:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Was good to meet you as well :) Hope the E45 does the trick!

Are you sure you meant *mouth* piece?
Dan_DCDezign

Post by Dan_DCDezign »

From a traders point of view, I was disappointed by this JAE for a number of reasons:

1. Organisation was pants, when we got there no one really new where they should set up, and nobody was around to ask. And then we weren't even on the pitch we were supposed to be

2. Lack of entertainment. Last year there was a great fireworks display etc ... marquees doing things etc ... this year ... nothing bar a flaming comp (once you've seen one flame you've seen them all IMO) and a bar that was part of the site anyway, not something they had to organise.

3. The trade bit was right out the way and stretched back quite a way and for those traders at the back, it was a real hike for people to get to them.

4. The whole club scene seemed very dispearsed and spread out, to be honest I never even found the IMOC crew in my admittedly short wiz around the cars.

And of course the rain sucked, but we can't help the shitty english weather.

It was still a good weekend, and we certainly met a lot of people and had a good laugh, but the general show wasn't as good as last year IMO

That is my two pennys worth anyways.

Dan
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I agree with a lot of that, a definite lack of evening entertainment and it was so spread out...I only went to the trade stands once and just didn't get time to go back as it was a ten minute walk just to get there. Then when you did get there they seemed all over the place.

T
p.s. Chris hope the g/f hand heals OK, glad it didn't turn out too serious.
woody

Post by woody »

me and the missus came alone on the saturday, and i wanna say thanks because the imoc stand was very well organized. it was a great sight to see so many great 2's in the same place..

i didnt really meet anyone, which was a shame, there wasnt anyone around when i turned up, except philster. i think everyone was at the toyota show and shine. :tongue:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

IIRC, that was about 12ish on Saturday.. we were trying to drag Lauren away from a driftworks AE86 :)

Must start a list of all the things to do for JAE next time!!
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

RedMR² wrote:
Icsunonove wrote:Course you are, but was it necessary to post this? How does this help?

Ok fair point, appologies. Well done to all who helped out at JAE to get the IMOC stand up and running.

Hooray! .....been sulking all day :cry: :cry: :cry:
woody

Post by woody »

[quote="Speedy"]IIRC, that was about 12ish on Saturday.. we were trying to drag Lauren away from a driftworks AE86 :)

quote]

yeah i think we turned up at about 11.30 , the first thing i saw when i parked up, was the mad white mk2 with the slicks burbleing its way to the arena =D>
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

That was genius - no exhaust, so the manifold blows straight onto the dusty surface of the ring.. .car covered in dust.. oh so clever!!
stevel

Post by stevel »

Well I for one had a great time from Friday afternoon till Sunday lunchtime.
Setting up the stands was a scream with the krypton factor style marques & the timed “carrying a women on your shoulders” event. (axisofunity, thanks for the loan of your girlfriend) :wink: :-$
I met a great bunch of people & imo the mods did a great job but did think there was a lot for them to sort out for a small team. So well done =D> =D>
The beers flowed freely & the hot BBQ dance by Phil was a classic on Saturday night. :clown:
I think every body are in agreement that the layout of the whole event may need some more consideration next year. It’s the first time its been held there & now clubs will have a better understanding on how to arrange things.
The organisers need to have printed programmes for the event being held as I missed most of them. :?
I didn’t hear about any thieving going on but it’s the sad state of things nowadays.
All in all a cracking weekend!

Steve
Mak

Post by Mak »

It was loud as hell when it was on the dyno as well I thought my ears were going to jump off my head and leave.
woody

Post by woody »

Mak wrote:It was loud as hell when it was on the dyno as well I thought my ears were going to jump off my head and leave.

yeah i was in the stand waiting for the next show and shine and i heard the loudest roar... everyone was looking round like "wtf is that" =D>

it must have been the white one :twisted:
Mak

Post by Mak »

From what I was told its a track / drag car but surely its too loud to be track legal? Anyone know what the limit is? *Looks in Laurens Direction* just out of interest, its not like I measured it :)
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Most tracks enforce something around 100~105db. It was *well* over that, but then I don't think it had any sort of exhaust on it to pretend it was making it quieter..
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Mak wrote:From what I was told its a track / drag car but surely its too loud to be track legal? Anyone know what the limit is? *Looks in Laurens Direction* just out of interest, its not like I measured it :)

Was that the one with the massive rear wheels and jacked up at the back?

that can only have been a drag car it would never get round a track like that. Even if it could with no exhaust there would be bob hope and no hope of getting that out of the pitlane before killing yourself on the first bend. ;)

Return to “Past Events”