With A/c on Car stalls / nearly when it returns to idle

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Xmun7

With A/c on Car stalls / nearly when it returns to idle

Post by Xmun7 »

I Have a rev3 turbo and with the A/c on, with the car returning to idle rpm it doesnt keep the idle and stalls or almost stalls and then picks the revs back up, what can i do to solve this? I know my compressor has some suction problem but this shouldnt cause this problem
timmomr2

Re: With A/c on Car stalls / nearly when it returns to idle

Post by timmomr2 »

is there any chance the pully is seizing on it. if its going stiff it could be creating to much load on the engine so the revs are dropping and then the engine may be compensating for the extra load. or the belt could be to tight ( i dont know if this would have that big an affect though)

the revs on my car used to drop when i turned the aircon on but i dont think it was to anything under 500rpm at idle
planted1

Post by planted1 »

May pay you to check your ISCV,
idle speed control valve.
check it opens and shuts properly,and is free from crap.
once you have done that,if its still the same check you have power there.

steve
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Personally I'd have a look at the aircon idle up valve. It does exactly what it says on the tin, increases the idle when the aircon is turned on.

It has (if I remember correctly) a screw adjustment, maybe someone has had a play with it before not knowing what it's actually for.
Odin_S

Post by Odin_S »

Slarty wrote:Personally I'd have a look at the aircon idle up valve. It does exactly what it says on the tin, increases the idle when the aircon is turned on.

It has (if I remember correctly) a screw adjustment, maybe someone has had a play with it before not knowing what it's actually for.

Could you tell me where this is please mate?
Xmun7

Post by Xmun7 »

Hi Guys, pulley is not sticky very easy to turn, re the belt being too tight it could be, re the ICSV would the idling be a problem only when A/c is on or? ye it would be good to know where that srew is located, cheers guys would really like to get it sorted :)
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

If you take a look at this thread;

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... ht=air+con

You can see it in the first photo. I stand corrected though, it doesn't have an adjusting screw on it (I could have sworn it did!) although you might have a pipe off/split of the valve itself may be faulty etc.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”